Random KE1 Sighting in Kalamazoo MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random KE1 Sighting in Kalamazoo MI

So, I was taking my beat up old DXMG in for some fretwork and noticed something unusual sitting in the corner of the little music shop/guitar consignment store.

I was tempted to leave with it, but I can't justify buying it right now. Still, pretty crazy to run into something like that at this tiny little store. The serial had MF on it, and due to the floyd I'm assuming this is a KE1-MF. Correct? It was in pretty much flawless condition, but I had to settle for taking a few crappy pictures

What were they asking for it? might have been worth it

Comment

Is that over at Tremolo? I might have to go check it out . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
        What were they asking for it? might have been worth it
        I think it was >$2k and it seemed a little high to me. Granted, I don't really know what they go for. The guy there seemed willing to deal though.

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
          Is that over at Tremolo? I might have to go check it out . . .
          Yeah, Tremolo Instruments in Kzoo. Had never been there before but they were literally the only place I could find to take stuff for repairs since my usual repair guy is no longer taking on work.

I practically did a double take when I saw what was in the glass case . Didn't they only make like 100 of these?

Comment

That's a little high for a Floyd model . But pretty cool.

Comment

He is usually willing to deal on the stuff he actually owns but most of the stuff in there is on consignment so he has to call the owner of the item. I've had good luck on some things and he does seem to get in a lot more good pieces then I would expect. He gets some good amps in there from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
                The serial had MF on it, and due to the floyd I'm assuming this is a KE1-MF. Correct?
                KE-1F exclusive through Musician's Friend. But I thought both the Marty and Dave models had their signatures written on the body in gold marker.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
                  He is usually willing to deal on the stuff he actually owns but most of the stuff in there is on consignment so he has to call the owner of the item. I've had good luck on some things and he does seem to get in a lot more good pieces then I would expect. He gets some good amps in there from time to time.
                  Yeah, there was also a neck through tele-shaped Carvin in there and an older JEM (one of the lower priced models, I think). I was expecting a store that had 20 strats on the walls and nothing else. It was quite a pleasant surprise.

I think my level of excitement over the Kelly weirded them out a little bit, but hey, it's a hot piece of axe.
                  Last edited by groverj3; 04-10-2013, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I've acquired a ke1t and ke1f recently and love them, just awesome guitars you rarely see around
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                    X