WYLDCHYLD buys a Rhoads V ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WYLDCHYLD buys a Rhoads V ...

Over 100 guitars in my collection, and yet I've never owned a V...

I've seen many nice ones, you know, the black with gold and such, but until now, none have tempted me enough to go and buy a guitar shape I simply don't play.

I always said, to get me to pull the trigger on a V, it would have to be a Rhoads (the V shape I like most), and it would probably either have to be pink (my favorite color), or have a pink graphic on it...

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have finally come across a Rhoads V that I simply couldn't resist:

It's a 1990 USA Rhoads (Ontario), but this one was custom ordered with a matching reverse headstock, and is purple with pink polka dots...a perfect fit to my taste for flashy colors and wild graphics, and certainly one-of-a-kind...!

Needless to say, this is NOT a guitar for everyone...but those that know my taste in wild, flashy 80's style guitars know that this one is definitely for ME...

You've gotta have some seriously big brass balls to play this one:
    ...you can easily hear mine clanking together loudly when I walk into the room...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WYLDCHYLD; 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM.

Yup that one works for me. Congrats! Now is it safe to assume you'll be looking for 20 more V's?

Comment

Also what's going on with the inlay at the 12th fret? Is that just the light?

Comment

Congrats. I think I recognize that one. I played either it or one very much like it at the Marin guitar show (must be the same one, since it had a custom inlay at the 12th). Played very nicely too, if I recall.
        My other signature says something funny

Comment

Oh, that's just ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome, that is!

Comment

Congrats man.

We have very similar tastes, I love it!

Comment

Very cool!! Right up your alley bro!! I have an Ontario that same year. You're gonna love it/

Comment

That is one awesome guitar. Thanks for not letting me buy it. I don't need to spend the money. But, if you ever want to sell...
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Oh that's fucking sick, bro. That thing is just all kinds of fucking amazing. Goddamn, I've always admired your tenacity and determination in hunting down cool 'Slingers on the BC Rich board. Now I gotta envy you for snagging that beauty! Fuck me.

Comment

Sick man! That thing is perfect.

Comment

Love it! It screams 80's!
                      No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

One of the prettiest RR i've ever seen! Congrats! Would like to see the whole collection!
                        Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                        Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                        http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                        http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas...
                          To answer a few questions:

-I'm always looking for more cool guitars to buy, but my tastes are really specific (flashy colors like pink, 80s graphics, etc), but hey, if the forum bro who owns that pink Bengal RR decides to part with his, or I can find Vinny Vincent's original pink one, I'm a buyer for sure...

-Yes, I bought it from a guy who had it with him on the guitar show circuit (I saw it down in Anaheim during NAMM)

-Plays very nice, low action, and a snappy sounding ebony slab!

-12th fret is custom with the initials: "B.D.U." engraved into the fret marker (no idea who it is, but obviously the original owner. I'd love to find out who originally ordered this one so custom...!)

Comment

Man, that is one bad-fucking-ass guitar - congratulations on that one!

Comment

nice one. not a v guy but that one is indeed very nice. ain't got brass balls to play that one though...

Comment

Working...
                              X