USA JJ 2 find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda cool never knew they made a 7.
    I miss my JJP a lot it was a great bolt on.If I could find a neck thru JJP I would snag it.
    They get overlooked by most because they are not your normal Jackson but once you play one you can feel the quality.
    I love everything about this one.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just traded for it from a fella on ebay. I will see about sending you a pic once I receive it if interested in seeing it. It is neck-through with no inlays and has a Jackson Floyd Rose also. Says it may be the only made. It was made in 2000 if I remember correct. I just wish it had the raw neck like yours, that is sweet.
      I like black and white guitars

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Kinda cool never knew they made a 7.
        I miss my JJP a lot it was a great bolt on.If I could find a neck thru JJP I would snag it.
        They get overlooked by most because they are not your normal Jackson but once you play one you can feel the quality.
        I love everything about this one.
        I miss my old JJP, too. I had a black one, and it sounded amazing. I know they made a few 5-string Scott Ian JJ models (I believe Pete here used to own one), but I've never seen a 7-string either. I'd guess the 7s were Custom Shop.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
          I just traded for it from a fella on ebay. I will see about sending you a pic once I receive it if interested in seeing it. It is neck-through with no inlays and has a Jackson Floyd Rose also. Says it may be the only made. It was made in 2000 if I remember correct. I just wish it had the raw neck like yours, that is sweet.
          Just went through the completed listings on ebay, and I guess this is the one you're getting? Pretty sweet!
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Juni...p2047675.l2557
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

87 numbers before mine so I guessed right on mine being a 2001 model.
            The number chart isn't complete from what I saw.
            There is a pointy headstock bolt on version out there too IIRC those were very early in the run because it had the USA on the headstock and the serial number on the fretboard.

That 7 looks damn cool congrats,it should be killer.
            From what I can tell mine would fall in the USA select series because it has the ebony fretboard.
            Info on these are pretty sparse.
            Not sure what year these were discontinued.
            Last edited by straycat; 03-18-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

That's a great guitar! A band mate of mine had one a while back but he sold it. Every time we get together and jam and he looks at my Jackson he's always saying how he never should have sold his. Those things are super solid too!
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Yeah that is it. It is in transit now. I never player neither an JJ or a 7 string so i am somewhat excited. I would love to tray a 6 string especially with the oiled neck. i agree with you about it being a select having the ebony board. Most I seen have rosewood and is bolt on.

Comment

I can't wait for your review on the 7.
                  I have had a few 7's but could never bond with the neck width.

Comment

Nice Stray. I love my 2 archtop JJ's (well sorta JJ's lol RIght Pickford) but man they do sound awesome.. Walshula nice to see you got that 7 string. that thing is going to be interesting i bet. you give up the Swee-tone for it?

Comment

Spent a few hours with it last night and its nothing short of amazing.
                      It feels so good to play, the soft V neck is the tits.
                      I had to crank down the pick ups a bit to smooth them out some but it still has lots of bite.22.1k are hot ass pick ups.
                      Oddly enough it can get smooth and creamy sounding too.

Comment

No the Swee-Tone in still om the block but under consideration right now. I swapped a black SL-2h plus a few bucks cash. I will give my thoughts on it when it arrives tomorrow. I just hope I know what I am doing with it. Makes me wonder if it is going to have a V neck or not. The Swee-Tone has a v neck and it isn't that bad but definitely is different.

Comment

Ahh nice. Id like to have it but no guitars to offer. lol

Comment

Congrats man. Always wanted one of these. The pics are making want to scour ebay

Comment

Got the JJ7. Will be giving a review on it this weekend. For now all I can say is it is pretty awesome except for being neck heavy and doesn't have the V style neck.
                              Last edited by walshula; 03-27-2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X