Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a factory finish or did someone have this thing painted? soloist holo flake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats man.

I hear ya, I love the 80s looking paints too, and holoflake was always my favorite. If I hadn't scored that one a few months ago I would have been fighting you for this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
      Congrats man.

I hear ya, I love the 80s looking paints too, and holoflake was always my favorite. If I hadn't scored that one a few months ago I would have been fighting you for this one!
      Really glad you got that other one bro...yours is damn pretty too!
      Definitely one of the nicer finishes Jackson ever did...
      Anyone own one of the silver holo flakes they can post a photo up so we can compare...?

Comment

I had Dan Lawrence paint me a silver holoflake soloist. I haven't ever seen a factory Jackson silver holo, so I don't know how it compares. I told Dan to put as much holo as he could on it, and it came out great.

The pics aren't great, but in person it is wild. It really almost never looks silver, but is an ever changing rainbow of colors. The colors are more pastel than the black holoflake. I had him do this variation in case I could ever find an original black holo, which I finally did, so I was happy with the choice.

PICT1166.jpgPICT1179.jpgPICT1181.jpg

Comment

Beautiful axe Bro and congrats!!!!
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Wyldchyld, here is a pic of the silver & black side by side. The black one looks awful in this picture...
            PICT1207.jpg

Comment

They both look great bro...Dan did a great job on the silver one too...

Comment

It arrived today...just as mint as the loads of ebay photos showed...
                Seriously, this is the first Black Holoflake from the early 90s that I've seen with not a single scratch or clear coat issue...like a little glossy time capsule...perfect

...now to see if I can find a minty factory-painted Silver Holoflake...

Comment

Very cool, always nice to have one show up in advertised condition.

Is it definite that Jackson did a factory silver holo? Before it was mentioned in this thread I had never even heard of one. I know black holoflake was in at least one catalog, but silver never was.

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                    Very cool, always nice to have one show up in advertised condition.

Is it definite that Jackson did a factory silver holo? Before it was mentioned in this thread I had never even heard of one. I know black holoflake was in at least one catalog, but silver never was.

Just curious.
                    You know, I'm honestly not sure...!
                    I was also going by what was said in this thread...I myself never looked in an old Jackson catalog to see if the offered factory silver Holoflake... Can someone point it out in an actual old catalog...?

Comment

just noticed that today, check at 1:36
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrtKmjGjhro

Comment

KK666...me love you long time!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So what is the difference between haloflake and metal flake. I just bought a '90 Fusion custom and it is pretty outrageous. I thought that was called Platinum but it haas alot of colors in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X