DK1 discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by javert View Post
    Hmm, wouldn't that be a kind of silly distinction to make? I mean, what about the PC1, the Adrian Smith, etc.? I understand the need for some kind of profile for Charvel and Jackson, though, and with the new Charvels they seem to be trying to change the perception of what Charvel is about.
    Truth be told, I have no idea how Fender is thinking. If they are thinking at all.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
      Truth be told, I have no idea how Fender is thinking. If they are thinking at all.

They're not thinking. Just looked at their failed IPO attempt.

Comment

The DK1 has never been a very popular guitar, AFAIK. I also never got the impression that Jackson was interested in doing much to remedy that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
          The DK1 has never been a very popular guitar, AFAIK. I also never got the impression that Jackson was interested in doing much to remedy that situation.
          Obviously the Soloists, RR's, & KV's sell the most, with the Warrior's, Kelly's, and Dinky's selling less, but I doubt they sell so few that it would pay to discontinue them.

I recently got my first DK1 a few weeks ago and love it. The neck is amazing. The heel with the recessed neck plate is pretty slick. The only change I would make are to ixnay the EMG's, or at least the battery box. While the guitar is cosmetically pretty close to an SL2H, it feels and sounds totally different.

Comment

Working...
          X