Everyone should go look at this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those wood inlays are so damn rad.

Oh, and greetings to a fellow Portlander.

Comment

will jackson do maple binding on an ebony neck?

Comment

That's a good question.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
          Oh, and greetings to a fellow Portlander.
          Greetings

Comment

Alright some updated pix.

With the original wraparound bridge. Checked with Jackson's office and they couldn't tell me the make of the bridge. It's such a pain to set it up!

Was torn between the dimarzio's steve's special and SD TB-14 Custom 5, and went with the SD in the end.

One big question: Kahler flatmount bridge (7300) or stud mount bridge (7200)? Or leave it be???

*The top is flat from the fret end till the bridge area, so the 7300 should fit... or barely.

Comment

I like that guitar just how it sits. I don't care how the bridge looks. It looks fine as it is to me. How does it feel when you play is what my concern would be.

Comment

The bridge holds up fine. It just takes time during setup. The guitar? Smooth as butter

I'm just used to a trem, even for subtle effects. Personally, It just feels .. incomplete lol

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  I like that guitar just how it sits. I don't care how the bridge looks. It looks fine as it is to me. How does it feel when you play is what my concern would be.
                  I think it looks fine as well. As long as it plays fine. I'd be down with it.....I would leave it alone...
                  -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by jahosy View Post
                    The bridge holds up fine. It just takes time during setup. The guitar? Smooth as butter

I'm just used to a trem, even for subtle effects. Personally, It just feels .. incomplete lol
                    Yeah, I'm just used to a trem too. I'm butchering a limited run Fender deluxe because I want a Floyd. I hope I don't ruin it.

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                    I think it looks fine as well. As long as it plays fine. I'd be down with it.....I would leave it alone...
                    Yeah, a lot of people in this thread don't like it because it looks different that they're used to... That's what I love about this guitar, it's really different from the standard Jackson CS order.

Comment

No Floyd for that guitar...I'm not a Floyd fan...all hard tails for me...I've got lots of floyded US and custom Jackson's to trade you for that axe if you want an OFR, just please don't butcher that axe! I held/played one similar at a NAMM session many years ago and I fell in love with it. My favorite one there.
                      Joel
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

I love Floyds too, but if I had this guitar I don't think I would dick around with it. Seriously it would be a crime...
                        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Working...
                        X