No announcement yet.

SHOW YOUR JACKSON PC1/PC2/PC3 & OTHER PC CUSTOM MODELS HERE! + New Guitar :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOW YOUR JACKSON PC1/PC2/PC3 & OTHER PC CUSTOM MODELS HERE! + New Guitar :D

I made this thread so everyone can show off those beauty Jackson PC1/PC2/PC3 & other PC Custom models in their guitar collection

I'll start.

Since I was 15, I've always wanted a Jackson PC1 in Chlorine Blue. Fast forward 7 years later (now 22), around July/August I decided to make some enquiries at my local guitar store to see how much it would be to import one. To my disappointment, it was going to be over $4k + taxes.

At the end of last month (September), I walk into my local guitar store to get some new strings for the acoustic as my mate was having a get together and wanted me to bring the acoustic. So I pick my strings and while paying for them, I notice something behind the salesman's head. A Jackson PC1 in Solar for $3600. I couldn't believe my eyes, To make sure I was correct, I asked the salesman is it a PC1? Of course it was, Had a quick go at playing it (without plugging it in) Loved how it played I decided to put it on Lay-Away & Pay it off. Got the price down for $3600 to $3100, Made a deposit and left the store.

Fast forward to last friday (19 oct) my mate wanted to try out some amps and I wanted to make another payment on the PC1. Got in there, asked if I could plug it in. Plugged it into a EVH 5150III 100w Head paired with a Orange 4x12.

The guitar absolutely screams! Tried out the sustainer in it (this was the first chance for me to ever try out a sustainer) and I was absolutely amazed. Im glad I did it!

Still got some more payments to go, but I got some pictures while I was in there. Here she is, my brand new Jackson PC1.

Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
    Fender Stratocaster (2006)
    Jackson PC-1 (2012)
    Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
    Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

i have had my PC-1 for at least 10 years now. it is my main stage guitar. it has been heavily modified electronically in order to improve the tone. the mods have been mentioned in other threads, but here is a run down again...

i pulled the sustainer, and replaced it with a di'marzio HS-3. the middle pickup is a dummy (no wires, lowered into the cavity). the bridge pickup is a JB. all of it is wired to a 3-way tele switch and connected to a single volume. none of the other knobs or switches do anything. it is now a raw, hard rocking guitar that oozes tone. it is nice thick on the bridge position, smooth in the middle postion, and hendrixy in the neck position.

sadly, i have NO good shots of just the guitar, but i have plenty of cool live shots!! here you go:

i want to do a CS variant of my modded PC. the biggest thing i would want is the sears headstock. i am NOT a fan of the PC with a strathead. i know most think i am crazy, but i like the old head better. the specs would be relativitaly similar with the body, i would just order a plain maple top because i would want it to have a white body with black paisley finish. the neck would be standard, except for a reverse sears headstock painted white. it would have black hardware, one knob, a 3-way toggle. i would keep my current PC-1's electronic choices. well, i guess it really would be more like a custom dinky with a reverse sears head!!! jackson might actually build it...hmmm, maybe it is quote time!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Here's my recent CS. I also just bought an early PC1 in Chlorine - koa, no tone control.

Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

thats sick. is that considered a custom PC? is it 22 or 24 fret?

Comment

It's officially a custom PC yeah. 24 frets.

Comment

Well, it's a little more than a custom PC, but it was approved by Phil Collen. Another one like that likely wouldn't be approved.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

My PC1 and my old PC3 that I should have never parted with.

pc1-3blk.jpg
              Attached Files
              -Rick

Comment

VERY COOL, just wondering how you got a jackson logo on a strat headstock.

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                It's officially a custom PC yeah. 24 frets.

Comment

That's because it's officially a PC1. It has the rev strathead and h/s from the anniversary splatter guitars, and the flame board / quilt top from the regular PC1. Then it just doesn't have a sustainer.

Comment

Cool, i was unaware the anni platters had that setup. its really the perfect blend of the 2.

Comment

Yes, I'm still a bit jelly, and you really lucked out.
                      Last edited by xenophobe; 10-24-2012, 03:03 PM.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Last week I bought this beauty off ebay in near mint condition, not received it yet, it's still on the way...though hope you'll enjoy:

Comment

Well, not a PC1, but maybe close enough. Custom shop Dinky I ordered a few years ago....

Did I mention that it has the absolutely most killer fully-flamed maple neck that I've ever seen on a guitar, bar none?...

And here's my vintage chlorine PC1, from a limited run done with Matt's Music... (Sorry, not the greatest pic with reflections.)

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Well, not a PC1, but maybe close enough. Custom shop Dinky I ordered a few years ago....

Did I mention that it has the absolutely most killer fully-flamed maple neck that I've ever seen on a guitar, bar none?...

this guitar is SICK!!!!! i want one, hahaha....
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

^---- woah that is an awesome looking neck!

Here's my PC1 contributions to this thread.

Proud endorser of:
                              Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
                              GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
                              Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X