Jackson Storm Scene 24-fret Strat 7063

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Storm Scene 24-fret Strat 7063

A fellow JCF'er tipped me off to this baby on the Chicago Craigslist. After a week or so of negotiations, the seller finally shipped it to me. I'm not sure of the build date, but I would guess it is an 89 or 90. The graphic is original, as I have the hang tag. It has a JT590 trem with pullup route, J50BC humbucker, and an ebony board. It is the second 24-fret Jackson strat in my collection, and these are way cool! Sharkies are hard to find on strats as well. It needed a bit of cleaning and "debugging", but as you can see the condition is quite good and it is a hell of a player now. As far as I know, the graphic is a one-off.

Wow, that's pretty badass dude. Totally custom one-off. Grats!

If it didn't have a graphic, I'd totally call dibs. But that's pretty cool for a graphic, IMO.

I have seen a few similar graphics, but none exactly like that. The house and the weeds I've seen before, but not positioned like that. Usually it's more of a Halloween type haunted house, not something like that.

Nice score.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So the hang tag has the date...duh...its Sep 1989.

BTW thanks to "glory" for tipping me off to this.

After I broke it down, I was a bit concered about the work order numbers. The neck has 6893 crossed out and 6879 written in. The truss cavity also has 6893. The trem cavity on the body has 6892 (off by one!) Here's the kicker...the hang tag has 6879 crossed out and 6892 written in! The hang tag ties everything together in my mind. I have seen these sort of shenanigans from Jackson before, but not exactly like this. Comments?

Comment

I have seen that happen a few times but OMG that is cool. Good score.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow, Strat 24! Congrats. Never seen a graphic like that before.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            So the hang tag has the date...duh...its Sep 1989.
            Nothing to worry about. Notice the new WO number is inked in the same color as the rest?

Looks like they mix and matched several pieces from several different orders. Might have been several different builds for the same person, or cancelled orders, or whatever. Endorsee guitars maybe. In any event, nothing to worry about. The plate matches the hangtag which matches the graphic. I just think they were too stoned some days.

Comment

Damn Axe, that will make a nice addition to one of my favorite member's collections. You lucky son of a gun.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Awesome strat! Congrats.

Comment

Thanks guys! So it's been discussed before, but here is the Strat-24 in the 1990-1991 catalog:

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...n%2FPage53.jpg

I've always been baffled by that page, because the "Strat" looks like a strat, but the two "Strat-24's" look like Dinkys. They don't look like my Strat-24's at all. Also, the model name "Dinky" does not appear in the catalog. What does it all mean??

Comment

love the graphic...great score dude...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Wow, I thought these guitars were only CS! What a find, congrats. It looks as if it was almost brand new!
                        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                          Wow, I thought these guitars were only CS! What a find, congrats. It looks as if it was almost brand new!
                          Those are CS only guitars.

Comment

^ So they are CS after all, yeah I got confused a little with the serial number shown and the release dates.
                            -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Really nice!!Never seen a strat with the back scarfed out by the neck plate. Badass though!!!
                              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                              X