Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone actually played a Collen Supreme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone actually played a Collen Supreme?

I've scoured the net and can't find any real reviews of it. I wonder if they even make them anymore. Was it a total flop?

I actually dont think they are out yet. I was at the Music Zoo last week and spoke with Phil Collen (he was there signing autographs before their show at Jones Beach) and he had his supreme with him (its a huge guitar with the neck the size of a big baseball bat) and he mentioned that they are not in production yet

Comment

What good does it do to announce these things with big fanfare when even a long time after, you still can't buy them? Surely, that can't be the best way to conduct business. At least the Broderick sig model came out pretty fast.

Comment

As I understand it, Phil's have always had baseball bat necks, but the production models (from the original Archtops to the latest PC1) have always had standard Jackson profiles that appeal to a wider Jackson audience (Speed, KV, SD).

I mean, why sell a $3K guitar with a baseball bat neck profile to some puss with little puss hands who will cry about the baseball bat neck?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I played Phil's own Supreme the other night and it is hands down the fattest neck I have ever touch in my life! This from a guy that plays PC1's strung with 13-56, so I know and love fat necks.

Its ridiculous to say the least! and I mean that in a good way.

Go to Home Depot and walk out with a 2x4 and string it up when you get home. Voila! You now own a Supreme neck!

I want one sooo bad !
          Last edited by vklobucar; 07-18-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Well I got hands like the guy in the Burger King commercial from last year. "Aint gonna happen"
            Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
            Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
            Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
            Gretsch G6128T-TVP
            Gibson LP Traditional
            Gibson J-185 EC
            Hagstrom XL5
            Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
            Walden T550 EC

Comment

Working...
            X