My Dave-Rian Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dave-Rian Smith

A few years ago, I got the first of the Adrian Smith guitars that was shipped to a dealer. However, I really don't like the Super Distortion in the bridge and I'm not a huge fan of regular single coils. Sure, I could have changed them, but I have a GMW to the same specs but with EMGs, so I never got around to it. So the guitar sat around fairly unused since I got it, which is a shame cos it's a great guitar (personal preference in pickups aside!). A year or so ago I sold a GMW strat on which I'd put a pearloid guard with 3 hotrails, to go for a Dave Murray vibe. In turn, I sold that guitar but I kept the guard, which has also just collected dust. So I decided to put the two together, just to be different. I'm not entirely sure I'm a big fan of hotrails in the bridge, but I think overall the guitar looks pretty damn cool!

One thing that is a huge improvement is the fit of the guard around the Floyd. For some reason, Jackson cut them really wide so there's a big gap...
    Last edited by neilli; 06-29-2012, 04:25 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Looks good to me! And for sitting around, that neck sure looks like it's getting some use.

Comment

looks killer, i never really liked the stock fender volume placement tho.

Comment

http://www.mattsmusic.com/adrainsmithx.jpg

HELLO??

Comment

Working...
        X