School me on a Jacksin with a good trem please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on a Jacksin with a good trem please

A while back I had a 91 soloist archtop pro it was awesome, loved the neck loved the tone but the trem wasn't the best.I would like to get another jackson with a similar neck but with a good trem.Two humbuckers or h/s/s doesnt matter to me.I see sl1 and sl2h look nice.Are there any out there close to $1,000?If not can someone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by roodboy; 05-16-2012, 07:44 PM.

The trem you had was a Schaller Floyd Rose which imo is just as good as the Official Floyd Rose... which is also made by Schaller

Any USA Jackson will have an OFR (german - Schaller). Even the older Jacksons from the early 90s (think 95 they went to OFR) will be good.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Are the maple tops on the sl1/2 laminates?
      Which models in current lineup have OFR?

Comment

Originally posted by roodboy View Post
        Are the maple tops on the sl1/2 laminates?
        You just answered your own question.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

There's a difference between a cap and a laminate. Lams are thin, like overlays, but caps are thicker.

All Floyded USA models come with an OFR.

Some of the imports come with Korea-made OFRs.

A used beat-up Schaller JT-590 is still beat up. Doesn't matter how good it used to be when new.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Is a Jacksin made in China?

Comment

I've been jacksin to this trim...

Oh wait, that's not what you meant. ;D
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I was waiting for that, I tried to fix the typo but it wouldnt let me or I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by roodboy View Post
                  I was waiting for that, I tried to fix the typo but it wouldnt let me or I'm too dumb to figure it out.
                  It/they won't let you.

Comment

Working...
                  X