does this look legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this look legit?

I am interested in purchasing this usa sl-1 even tho i am not crazy about emg's. I've been doing research here and other places and am concerned about fakes. Does this look like the genuine article to you guys?

thanks,
    bill.

http://imageshack.us/g/443/20120423202321142.jpg/

The guitar looks legit but the pups are miss matched. the center pup is a Duncan. There could be volume issues etc.
    Gil

Comment

That does not look like a USA SL1 to me.

Rosewood fretboard
      MOTO sharkies
      No binding

It's a MIJ SL3.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        It's a MIJ SL3.
        I can't tell if that's a U or a 0 at the beginning of the serial, but the serial stamp looks MIJ.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

thanks a bunch guys. i went back to the seller and he claims usa. i asked him for the serial number.

Comment

I'm sure it's a real Jackson but it looks like an SL3. Doesn't have real MOP inlays. You can mix actives and passives, but considering the seller doesn't even know what guitar he has I'd stay far away from this one.

Comment

Line DonP and Xeno said, the serial # is a 6 digit MIJ model. Definitely not a USA SL-1.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                The guitar looks legit
                :think:
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Once again. Thank you guys. Saved me from a bad purchase.

Comment

I meant as far as being a Jackson. I was looking at it on my phone and missed a lot of detail Cus the pic was either too small or it was only part if the pic. So :-p

Comment

Oh yeah, blame the phone!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The SL3 is a great guitar but not worth the SL1 price. How much is he asking for it?
                        It's pronounced soops

Comment

He was asking 900 but then when I started questioning he said he'd take 750. He still maintains that it is a usa sl-1 even after I mentioned the information members here gave me. He claims it is the student one. I still couldn't find reference to a usa sl-1 without binding an MOP anywhere on the interbutts.

Comment

He's full of crap. If you look at that last picture you can see the licensed trem matches what they had on some of the SL3 models. Some had the non-German made FRT 02000 or whatever, others had this licensed one:

Comment

Working...
                            X