Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of SL2

Greetings!

Years ago I bought an American Jackson SL2 (not the SL2 MAH or what not, just the plain SL2) with the bare ebony neck and the JT580LP a few years ago. I kinda fell out of the guitar thing for a bit and am now just trying to get an idea of what this thing is worth these days. It's in good playable condition and good physical shape and spent most of the past 4 years in a closet.

Any ideas on the value of this thing?

I think the last one sold for about 600 i think? its been awhile.

Comment

What's the finish?

Comment

It's the Red. Good condition besides a few marks on the back from removing the trem plate, everything is mint.

Comment

that was the sam ash run wasnt it? They are cool. I like a blank ebony board on some guitars.

Comment

I liked the ebony finger board, thought they looked good with no markings on them. I thought the gun metal grey ones they made were probably a little nicer on the eye, but somehow I always ended up with red guitars.

Not sure if it was for Sam Ash or not. I thought it was just the economic answer to their American pricier SL2H counterparts they were making at that time.

I'm looking at posting it for sale and just trying to have all my ducks in a row... Anyone remember the third color they came in or maybe some other details for this model? If you do a web search for SL2, all you find are the original variant SL2H SL2H-MAH, etc...

Comment

Yeah i have a couple RR2's that were in the line of that. Bolt on USA made, Japanese parts with blank ebony board and no binding. pretty cool RR's.

i imagine you might can find specs in jackson catalog. but should be normal alder/maple with JT580LP, rest is futile.

Comment

I could have sworn I remember seeing on ebay in cobalt blue. Do these have matching color headstocks?

Comment

I have one. It was a great buy. Mine is grey, but I seem to remember seeing ones in yellow as well. I imagine they made batches of them in different colors........

Comment

Wow, I thought it only came in like three colors and they were only around for a few years. Who knew???

Mine is neck thru, no binding, matching headstock, no MOP in the logo (I think it's a sticker) with the serial #'s in the top of the fingerboard. Just real bare bones...

Comment

I think they were available in only metallic colors... metallic black, gunmetal gray, blue/green pearl, dark candy red, and yellow/gold pearl. There was also an SL2S which had the sharkfin inlay option.
                      http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1996Page03.jpg

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page08.jpg
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a gun metal grey SL2. I only paid $600 for mine. I bought it used at a guitar shop. I love mine!! The plain finger board looks nice on it & it plays/sounds great!
                        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Put it on Ebay and let them fight for it - that'll tell you how much it's worth. What one person paid at a shop or in a BIN where the seller may have under-valued it or let it go for what they considered an acceptable offer simply does not apply to all similar models.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You rarely see those go for more than $800. The licensed Floyd is a bit of a turn-off, even though it's easy to swap.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the help guys!

I was hoping to hear it was worth more than that, but clearly that's not the case...

Comment

Working...
                              X