'84 Rhoads, serial RR0813 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '84 Rhoads, serial RR0813 questions

OK, I am about ready to trade a Marshall head for this guitar. Its unusually clean for its age. To my eyes it seems to check out. Its got a Kahler that sits on a shim, which i thought as odd. It seems like it would set up without it and it doesnt look like its a retro fit. Metallic pink, serial RR0813. I looked all over the internet for a Jackson shop log, or whatever might list the specs on this one, because I am thinking of trading my 82 white JCM 2205 for it. Anyone here previously own this guitar? Sorry no pics; I will take some at lunch. its at a guitar shop across the street. Good trade??

Don't let the shim for the Kahler stop you, that was done sometimes on those guitars. If the frets are original and there are sharkfin inlays on an ebony board, there will be binding nibs and that is almost never faked. I would think that's a good trade, those Marshalls might not be worth a grand today, and even with the Kahler, that Rhoads would be. I have RR0949, metallic pink with Kahler, killer axe, great tone, playability, a rocker.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hm you can check the logs here although it's only from 1983 - 1985. It sounds like a low serial # so a Kahler trem doesn't seem odd

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...s_1983_1985%2F

Comment

Shim keeps the trem from scuffing the paint.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes it is an ebony board with sharkfins. original frets with nibs, so it looked legit to me. Its super clean, no dings and no chips on the ends. This is the 1st original Rhoads I've seen up close, so I wasnt sure if shimming the kahler bridge was common or not. There is no cavity on the back, and I cant see any possible way that is was previously a string-thru, so I figured it was all stock. Sweet, i will probably go ahead and do it, provided this guy at the shop doesnt flake off. He's kinda notorious for that. I tried to trade a minty 2010 SL2H and a Fulltone pedal for it on the grounds, that a pink Rhoads with tiny frets would be harder to sell to normal traffic than my SL2. He almost went for that then backed out. Then I offered up a 20th Anniversary white 2205, because I noticed he had a Marshall 4210 for....ready for this??.....$1499!!! Ridiculous. I figured ...if he's listing a regular old 4210 for that, then surely an anniversary white head must be even better for him. He seemed interested so I am hoping! Probably crazy for offering up the SL2, but man this guitar is really cool, sounds awesome and Ive have been dying for one from "back in the day".

Comment

I will try to get pics of it this afternoon for you all. Hopefully from my home!! He's listing the sucker for $1599! He's gotta Jackson USA Fusion from, I'd say probably 1991-92. I think the finish was called Mr Atomic or something. He's got that listed for $2999. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
              Hm you can check the logs here although it's only from 1983 - 1985. It sounds like a low serial # so a Kahler trem doesn't seem odd

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...s_1983_1985%2F
              Also, J #s only - no RRs. But good resource!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I noticed that after I posted the link, wonder why no RR's.

Comment

Working...
                X