Older Jackson USA ID Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Jackson USA ID Help?

I am trying to ID a mystery late 1980s USA Jackson.
    Serial #3177
    Bolt-on neck, 22 frets, unbound rosewood board with dot inlays
    Has a San Dimas plate, Jackson licensed Floyd Rose, Kahler locking nut, 5-way blade switch, 1 volume, 1 tone
    Just trying to figure out the year and model? Is this actually a San Dimas or an Ontario model?
    I'm usually pretty good with ID-ing the imports, but these older USA models stump me....
    Thanks guys!

My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

87 - 89 Ontario. Is it yours, David?

ID chart:

http://jacksonguitars.com/support/serial-numbers.php/
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

No, it's not mine Alvin. Just trying to find out some more info on it...
      Any ideas what model it is?
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

That's killer! The Kahler Floyd-type locknut on there is an quirky thing, but I have heard of that before. If that and the neck are original to the body, that might be a clue. I don't think those were around in 87, which might put it closer to 88 - 89. Someone else might know for sure. Have you had it apart? Sometimes they are dated in the neck pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
          No, it's not mine Alvin. Just trying to find out some more info on it...
          Any ideas what model it is?
          It's a strat!

Comment

Looks like a Strat Body.

Here's a page from the '88 catalog

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1988Page06.jpg

Remember before 1990 there weren't any "production models" so you won't have models with same same features like the USA Selects of more recent era.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's a late 80's strat. Nice guitar.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Are you going to buy it?

Annnnnnnnnd where might that listing be?

Comment

This guy by chance?

http://tucson.craigslist.org/msg/2967305558.html

Comment

That's him.
                      It doesn't appear he wants to sell it. Just wanted to know what he had.
                      Always like to help out a fellow Jackson lover, even more so if it will help another Jackson come my way...

Comment

There's this exact guitar on GC's used site for 850$

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsfan11 View Post
                          There's this exact guitar on GC's used site for 850$
                          Linkage?

Comment

You'll have to search for it in the used section because the list generates differently every time you go to the used section.

Comment

Keep working on that guy, he might cough it up for the right price (especially if you can offer a local cash transaction).

Comment

Working...
                              X