1996 Jackson DK1 pricing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Jackson DK1 pricing question

I have a 1996 Jackson DK1 that I'm looking to sell (not really on here, but I wouldn't say no if the price was right of course, if anyone is interested.) It is exactly this model here, with a Charvel hard case and all: http://jacksoncharvelforum.com/usa-d...-hardcase/4146

My question is, how much would one be looking to realistically get for one of these if they were selling it. I'm just asking because I don't want to let it go and regret it later by finding out that I was low balled. I've had an appraisal done on it by a local guitar shop, but it seemed a bit suspicious so I just wanted to check. Thanks.

Tree Fiddy!
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Pictures? What is the condition?

Comment

Originally posted by Electric View Post
        Pictures? What is the condition?
        Honestly, it's about in that condition. It has maybe 1 scratch on it. It's missing a back plastic cover and the double locking clip, which I plan on getting for it. Also, thanks guys (or girls) for the fast responses, quite amazing.

Comment

I'd say between 1000-1200. I don't see these come up that often on Ebay, so it's hard to say.

What did your local guitar shop appraise at?

Comment

I'd say between 1000-1200. I don't see these come up that often on Ebay, so it's hard to say.

What did your local guitar shop appraise at?
            They appraised it at roughly $400 just based on the fact that its a DK1. It also has EMG pickups, I'm not sure if they are stock or if someone swapped them.

Comment

Does yours have dual humbuckers or H/S/S configuration? The more recent DK-1 is a completely different model than the one you initially linked to. In either case, I would expect you would be able to get significantly more than $400.

Comment

Does yours have dual humbuckers or H/S/S configuration? The more recent DK-1 is a completely different model than the one you initially linked to. In either case, I would expect you would be able to get significantly more than $400.
                I believe it's the H/S/S configuration. It looks identical to the one in that picture except it has EMG pickups (3 of them; bottom one being the thickest). I don't think the guy at the guitar store was really able to find too much information on the guitar, the serial number is 003030 from which I was able to deduce the year from it. The guy at the guitar store was able to identify it being a DK-1 at least, which I was unable to do because I kept searching for, and expecting to find the EMG stuff. I came home after he told me about the DK-1 and searched 1996 DK-1 and up popped that picture. The guitar was given to my brother by his girlfriends dad, he had a lot of Jackson guitars, so I'm not sure if maybe he swapped the pickups out or not. My brother later gave it to me as a present, and I played it a few times, but mostly kept it in the case, so it's really in the same condition that I got it in. It's the best sounding guitar I've personally ever heard. But then again, that's not really saying much. :p

Comment

Just to clarify, it does say Made In USA on both the headstock and the neckplate? Not "Professional"?

The shop may have thought it was a DK2, hence the low appraisal.

Then again, I expect the average non-Jackson-dealing guitar shop to be staffed and run by idiots.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Just to clarify, it does say Made In USA on both the headstock and the neckplate? Not "Professional"?

The shop may have thought it was a DK2, hence the low appraisal.

Then again, I expect the average non-Jackson-dealing guitar shop to be staffed and run by idiots.
                    Correct, it says Made in USA, no professional.

Comment

It's worth nothing. I'll pm my address so you can offload that burden onto me. I'll cover shipping of course.

Comment

what color? is it the tobacco burst quilt top maple finish like the one you linked to? a picture of the actual guitar would help us alot.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

$400 would be a fair appraisal if it has some damage and a lot of wear due to it's age. If it's in excellent condition like you say, I don't think I'd take anything lower than 600 for it, but I don't think it's worth 1,000. I recently purchased a like new condition DK1 for $999 late 2000's model, if that puts it in any perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
                            $400 would be a fair appraisal if it has some damage and a lot of wear due to it's age. If it's in excellent condition like you say, I don't think I'd take anything lower than 600 for it, but I don't think it's worth 1,000. I recently purchased a like new condition DK1 for $999 late 2000's model, if that puts it in any perspective.
                            +1 as most folks see Dinkys as a cheaper alternative to a neck-through Soloist, I don't see many people paying the same price.
                            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

$1000 to the right buyer... $800 if you need to move it. Prices are for a mint specimen.

Comment

Working...
                              X