"Zazz" Strat-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Zazz" Strat-24

In honor of Metalocalypse, I'm calling this one the "Zazz" Strat (because it has plenty of it!) Coloradoman hooked me up with this bad boy. It's likely a 1990-1991 Ontario-plated Strat-24. It's the only one I've seen with a full strat body and strat horns. The top of the body and top horn have an identical profile to my other strats, but the bottom horn is pulled back and has a Fusion-style cutaway to provide for upper fret access. The pickups are a PATB-1 and a J50N. The wiring looks original to me, but who knows. There is a 3-way blade switch and two coil tap switches for a total of eight different sounds. This guitar cleaned up up really nicely, and it is a nice player with my 10's on there. The neck plate is recessed and angled, and there is a partially recessed trem route.

There are no real clues in the neck pocket and trem cavity, other than matching work orders (was there any doubt with that headstock??) There is some writing in the trem cavity which is obscured with overspray.

Comment

I'm sure glad you bought that so I wouldn't have to. Nice Score!
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Awesome score. I didn't realize there was another different set of graphics on the back!

Comment

I'm betting the mini switches were originally knobs. I like how they put the controls in the polka dot pattern.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            I'm betting the mini switches were originally knobs. I like how they put the controls in the polka dot pattern.
            I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Coil tap switches are odd on a Jackson, but VVT or VTT knobs on a strat without the active electronics system would be even more unusual. Plus, the wiring doesn't seem to have been messed with as far as I can tell. This guitar is so wacky that anything is possible!

Comment

That thing is really, neat. I get the feeling that the artist was looking at a bunch of different patterns to paint it, and said "fuck it, let's do 'em all!"

Sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That's bad ass!! Great score. Very unique features on that one. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  That thing is really, neat. I get the feeling that the artist was looking at a bunch of different patterns to paint it, and said "fuck it, let's do 'em all!"

Sully
                  Yeah, and I think the "artist" was also snorting Pop Rocks.

Comment

Here's the Metalocalypse vid that provided the inspiration!

http://video.adultswim.com/metalocal...arrels-ii.html

Comment

Congrats Axe! That is indeed a beautiful eyesore.
                      I bet you're going to use it in your "Planet Piss" project, no?

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post

Sully
                        Yeah, like a playable portfolio. Holy shit, and everyone complained about the Pop Art Warrior, but that's fugly. Not as bad as Deco Dream, though. Nothing will ever top that. I hope.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like this ,something different that you will never see. Kind of goes with your personality, schizo

Comment

Very unique to say the least.
                            I dig it nice guitar all the way around.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd say that is so over the top horrible it comes all the way around and becomes awesome. I like it. Love it how the back and headstock are also graphic'd.

Comment

Working...
                              X