Wiring troubles with RR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring troubles with RR1

alrighty guys. So I've come to a conclusion that my RR1's wiring is screwed up somehow. Im playing through a 6505+ and when my RR1's plugged in it sounds, "choked" severely. Ive tested my head with my other guitars and have recently retubed my head, so I've eliminated the amp from the equation, and all my other guitars are fine. Im wondering what the issue is here. I will say that I have very scratchy pots.. not sure if that has anything to do with overall sound quality... it basically sounds like my pickups aren't throwing off any distortion. Kind of like sending a clean signal into a high gain amp.. the amp provides ALOT of gain but I'm missing the total saturation that Im getting from my esp eclipse and charvel... Very difficult to explain. I'm wondering what I can do to remedy this issue....

Do yo have active pickups, or have a battery in your electronics? If you do, try replacing the battery.

Comment

Nope. Not using active pickups and my effects are hooked up to a power source

Comment

Typically if i change pups in an old or used guitar i change everything, pots caps new wire, put copper shielding in if there is none...if your pots are scratchy they are toast, at least to me they would be.

Comment

Thanks for the response man. So if my pots are scratchy could that lead to the poor tone? I'd like to have It rewired with just the volume knob. No tone knobs. Is that are to do for someone who's decent with installing pickups?

Comment

Wire it for 2 volumes if it has 2 knobs. What pickups are in it?
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

You could wire one of the pickups straight to the output jack as a simple test.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                You could wire one of the pickups straight to the output jack as a simple test.
                ^ This.

Comment

It has 3 knobs total. 2 tones and one volume. Pickups are a jb in the bridge and a jazz in the neck. I'd like to have it wired like a charvel... Both pickups to the single volume knob.

Comment

Working...
                  X