Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for PC1 Owners Regarding Electronics (Pots and Caps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for PC1 Owners Regarding Electronics (Pots and Caps)

So I've owned my PC1 for several years now. I love the guitar but always thought it was a tad dark so I played around w/the bridge pickup since I use it the most. I settled in on a Motor City Pickups Torque Humbucker which to my ear has better articulation to it than the Dimarzio. I noticed when I installed the Torque that the tone pot was marked as 250k. I couldn't tell what the volume pot was marked as because of the solder.

So my question to other PC1 owners is - have you played around with different potentiometer values and/or cap values? My scant knowledge of electronics tells me that a 500k pot will result in more high end frequency output.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer any insight/input.

i put a JB in my PC1 but kept the 250K pot.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Jackson usually uses 250k pot for the tone and 500k for the volume. Puttin a 500k tone pot might take some of the dark out of the Super 3 thats in the PC1
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
      X