X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Awesomeness!

Comment

Awesome! Soloist shaped 7's are rare enough, but the KV 7 takes the cake!

Comment

Coolness. Congrats!
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

The King V is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by pipsqueak View Post
              The King V is awesome.
              Thanks it's a beast tonally too - the all mahogany is very mid heavy and combines well with the 81-7. Though I'm thinking about putting in a passive pickup with a ring in the future.

Comment

I normally prefer passive pickups, but for low tunings, 7 strings, etc., EMGs are hard to beat. Having an unused battery box with passive pickups stirs up my OCD too. lol. I wish companies would stop using battery boxes unless it is an absolute necessity due to not enough room in the stock control cavity. A person can park a car in a lot of Jackson's control cavities.

Anyway, JMO, but I'd leave the EMG in there.

Comment

I may leave the 81-7 in the KV7 but I want to play the silverburst a lot more for different types of music and thus since it's kind of limited with the single bridge humbucker I'd like to put in a Jb-7 in there or maybe a custom5-7.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
                    I may leave the 81-7 in the KV7 but I want to play the silverburst a lot more for different types of music and thus since it's kind of limited with the single bridge humbucker I'd like to put in a Jb-7 in there or maybe a custom5-7.
                    They make a 7-string version of the Custom 5 now? I had a regular 7-string Custom and thought it was great in my old Schecter 007 Elite. I had a regular Custom 5 in a couple guitars and always thought they were a little too mid-scooped.

Nice guitars, though!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      They make a 7-string version of the Custom 5 now? I had a regular 7-string Custom and thought it was great in my old Schecter 007 Elite. I had a regular Custom 5 in a couple guitars and always thought they were a little too mid-scooped.

Nice guitars, though!
                      Yeah Seymour Duncan launched it maybe a year or so ago. You found the custom 5 to be somewhat scoopy??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
                        Yeah Seymour Duncan launched it maybe a year or so ago. You found the custom 5 to be somewhat scoopy??

Thanks
                        Yes, I thought the C5 was scoopy in the alder Charvel Star I had. Had another in my old mahogany Hamer (with 5/8" maple top) and it sounded a little better.

Comment

Yes, I thought the C5 was scoopy in the alder Charvel Star I had. Had another in my old mahogany Hamer (with 5/8" maple top) and it sounded a little better.
                          Well the silverburst is alder thus my thoughts of going JB or even custom7 normal.

Comment

Cool. I'd try the Custom, I liked that one a lot in my old 7. The JB might work for you in a 7, but I'm not normally a fan of the regular JB in alder, think it also works better in mahogany. Yes, I'm one of those who thinks the JB is overrated for the most part.

Comment

Cool. I'd try the Custom, I liked that one a lot in my old 7. The JB might work for you in a 7, but I'm not normally a fan of the regular JB in alder, think it also works better in mahogany. Yes, I'm one of those who thinks the JB is overrated for the most part.
                              Blasphemy

I'll try the JB7 or the custom 7 but first I gotta get a pickup ring made by Dave at FoTN... Too bad he doesn't take orders till the 1st of the month.

Comment

What pups do you have in the black quilt Soloist-7?

Comment

Working...
                                X