Picking up an Adrian Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up an Adrian Smith

Hey guys, I just thought I'd let you know, that after a hard search for a charvel that had what I was looking for... I stumbled upon a Jackson Adrian Smith San Dimas that's been lightly used. I ended up getting it for only $1200...

great price. I'm looking for one as well. Grats

Comment

Just about to make a trade. My SL1T for an Adrian signature.
      Im still in doubt if it`s a good trade.

Comment

Dude to be honest your not the only one..... FOr some reason Im not completely sold on the guitar yet. If your in the market for a charvel type superstrat then the adrian is the way to go.... but to be honest that seems like a pretty fair trade. the adrians have a higher resale value.... I think the thing that Im having a hard time with is that its a signature model.... and I don't like Iron Maiden. If I can get past that then It shouldn't be an issue.
        Originally posted by cristinelo View Post
        Just about to make a trade. My SL1T for an Adrian signature.
        Im still in doubt if it`s a good trade.

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsfan11 View Post
          Dude to be honest your not the only one..... FOr some reason Im not completely sold on the guitar yet. If your in the market for a charvel type superstrat then the adrian is the way to go.... but to be honest that seems like a pretty fair trade. the adrians have a higher resale value.... I think the thing that Im having a hard time with is that its a signature model.... and I don't like Iron Maiden. If I can get past that then It shouldn't be an issue.
          Hahaha!
          I`m more on the safe side then...I like Maiden.
          Thank you for your comment.

Comment

Don't like Maiden?!? Oh man....enjoy the guitar. I kick myself for buying the PC-1 instead of the Adrian every day

Comment

I've only ever cared for a few songs. Idk if Im going to go through with it or not. Theres still something that hasn't completely sold me on it yet.
              Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
              Don't like Maiden?!? Oh man....enjoy the guitar. I kick myself for buying the PC-1 instead of the Adrian every day

Comment

The Adrian Smith Model is Awesome...BTW A huge Maiden Fan
                I am in a Maiden tribute band

Comment

I don't know why I haven't jumped on one of these yet. I'm a huge Maiden nut, I worship Adrian's playing, hell, even my eldest sons name is Adrian Smith..........seriously.
                  I just need to save up & decide which one I like the most. Prolly the black guard/maple board.

Comment

Originally posted by UpTheIronsJim View Post
                    I am in a Maiden tribute band
                    I could do that - forever

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                      I don't know why I haven't jumped on one of these yet. I'm a huge Maiden nut, I worship Adrian's playing, hell, even my eldest sons name is Adrian Smith..........seriously.
                      I just need to save up & decide which one I like the most. Prolly the black guard/maple board.
                      The reason I don't need a Maiden sig guitar (Fender or Jackson) is because every guitar I own sounds like Maiden because all I mostly play is Maiden Even my firecrackle 5FX with a J90C and a hotrails neck (got this part correct) has a wonderful Maiden tone. And my LP Classic with the uber hot 496R/500T set does a great job. And my HM strat with a BKP Warpig does great as well.

The Maiden boys and gone thru a lot of axes but they always sound like Maiden. I'm sort of finding that out too that I can get pretty much anything handed to me to sound like Maiden. I just need a hot bridge pickup and a descent neck pickup. A single coil middle is nice too, but not 100% needed.

Comment

I don't want one so I can sound like Maiden......or Adrian. I want to sound like me (ooh, that's creepy :think.
                        Like most metal bands, Maidens influence is staggering, but there comes a time when you need to move on to your own thing.

I would like one mainly because they look great (haven't had the chance to play though) but a small part is because it's an AS sig. He should've had sig models years ago.

Comment

I hear ya DonP...My axe fx presets are all Maiden tones..Adrian is unreal ..very melodic!

Comment

Working...
                          X