Can you order custom stratheads now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you order custom stratheads now?

So yeah, can you order custom stratheads that aren't PC-1s yet?

Just curious, cause I had an idea. lol
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

No. You can customize a PC1 or Adrian Smith, but they still have to stay fairly close to the standard models. Mind you, the one I have on order is kind of pushing that
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'd love a Jackson strathead.

Comment

Wasn't there a thread or two about it being allowed but having a $500 upcharge? :think:

Comment

A soloist with a strat headstock would rule imo.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            No. You can customize a PC1 or Adrian Smith, but they still have to stay fairly close to the standard models. Mind you, the one I have on order is kind of pushing that
            I like the custom PC1 on ebay now, but I wanted to build a white one like my black one, except one hum and rev headstock...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

You might well be able to do that. They've done a rev head on the PC1 (30th) so there's a precedent, so it'd just be the single hum thing you'd have to sell them. The other thing is that the artist has to agree to it...

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                A soloist with a strat headstock would rule imo.
                Inquired about ordering this very recently, and it was denied. No neck-through stratheads allowed at all.

Comment

so you can custom order a strat headstock bolt on in any configuration as long as it has a Charvel logo, but if you want a Jackson logo, it has to be based on an AS or PC, really doesnt make much sense. & the no neckthru thing sucks its not like Fender makes a true neckthru, the closest thing they offer is the healless setnecks (IIRC).

Comment

could someone give me a decent explanation as to why these things aren't offered, I mean Jesus what does Fender have to lose by opening the book to simple options like a strat headed soloist, it's not like anyone is asking for copyrighted artwork. Aren't they in a huge hole right now? they could use all the sales they can get.

Comment

Brand identity apparently. They want to nominally keep Charvel as the licenced stratheads and Jackson as the pointys...

Comment

It's still kinda crappy, considering that it used to be in bussiness you give the customer what they want, not what you want

Comment

Well, you can't order a Mercedes F150 or a Whopper from McDonalds..

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                            Well, you can't order a Mercedes F150 or a Whopper from McDonalds..
                            Yeah, I gotta go with this. The fact that Adrian Smith's guitar is even branded Jackson is kind of weird. They even call it a San Dimas. They should just start slapping Charvel logos on HIS guitars lol. Seriously though, I'd just deal with the Charvel logo. Or get creative and see if they'll do no headstock logo lol. If they do that, there's a huge hole in their standards

Comment

You also have to remember that Jackson were never really associated with stratheads. Sure, there were a few out there and Adrian Smith's main 80s guitar was pretty high profile (and yes, Dave Murray had a couple, so did Warren, Holmes had the Budstar etc) but strathead Jacksons were always few and far between. So it's not really part of the brand identity in the minds of the market - Jackson are those "pointy guitars"..

Comment

Working...
                              X