PC-1 Prices: Did they just go up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-1 Prices: Did they just go up?

So, in the back of my mind I'm always counting down towards finishing off payments on my car, and one of the things I have on my list after that is a new PC-1 in chlorine or au natural. From time-to-time I look at the prices and availability to torture myself, I guess.

So yesterday I was watching a clip on YouTube with a PC-1 in chlorine and decided to look at prices...maybe I'm losing it, but I could swear PC-1's were $2399 recently. Now they're at $2999.

Is my memory playing tricks on me?

I got mine from Jake Willoughby. If you scroll all the way down he's a sponsor here. As of today, he's still got them new on the Willoughby site for $2399. Also, he's pretty good about setting it up to your string size and brand preference. He specializes in PC-1 sales and gets some kind of break from Jackson for his sales numbers. He was the cheapest when I was looking last year.

He was really good at the time of purchase. Talked to him on the phone a few times and he emailed pictures of the chlorine finish. The guitar arrived in perfect condition and set up as I requested. It was a really smooth deal and I could not be happier with the guitar and his quick set up and shipping.

He must be very busy in the past few weeks though. I tried to email and even called once with some questions about maintaining the oiled finish on the fretboard and a potential pickup swap, but I haven't heard back from him. He does do a lot of posting ('jacksonpc1') on this forum though, so I already have a pretty good idea about his thoughts on the perfect bridge pickup for a PC-1. Spoiler alert: It's a Seymour Duncan Custom '78.

Good luck with your search!

Comment

Thanks! I'm honestly a year out from having the funds, but I like to look. In the meantime, I'm having my current guitars fixed up so they're the best they can be...at least, according to my tastes. I'll keep Jake in mind when I look, though honestly I typically give Matt first dibs on anything I'm looking for since he's always done well by me before.

I just worry if prices are increasing (especially by 20%) that I'll have to put off the purchase for longer...

Comment

I'll sell my brand new Au Natural for less than 2300!

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
          I'll sell my brand new Au Natural for less than 2300!
          If you still have it in a year, you'll hear from me. For now, I literally couldn't do it.

Comment

Yes, prices have gone up again for 2012. Jackson has both the 2011 and 2012 prices lists on their website. It only lists MSRP, so don't have a heart attack when you see it...street prices are much lower. However, you can use it as a guide to see how much the prices are rising.

Comment

MAP on the PC1 is $2999.00 now. I have a gorgeous PC1 in chlorine in the shop right now and will always do my best to be as competitive as possible on everything I sell, especially if it's going to a JCF member!
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
              X