X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bare Knuckles are worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      I keep waiting for somebody to suggest one of these things....

http://www.seymourduncan.com/newprod...er-pickups.php

Shit. And I thought Bare Knuckles pickups were spendy I'll stick with my Invaders, thanks.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Truthfully, I would leave my guitars stock in the event they came with decent pickups. Both of my good guitars cost less than $500 though, so they cut corners in the pickup department

Comment

Zephyr Silver Humbuckers
          Set: $1,195
          Single: $595.95

????

2x 595.95 = $1191,90

So they're screwing another $4 out of you because 2 boxes are cheaper than one?

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
          Truthfully, I would leave my guitars stock in the event they came with decent pickups. Both of my good guitars cost less than $500 though, so they cut corners in the pickup department

Price of a guitar does not equal pickup preference
          My RR1 cost me the most of all my guitars, yet that JB still had to go
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            Price of a guitar does not equal pickup preference
            My RR1 cost me the most of all my guitars, yet that JB still had to go
            I know price doesn't equal quality, but in both of my cases, the guitars had crap stock pickups. Worse than a JB. I personally hated the JB when I used it, but it was in an RR3. Point being, you wouldn't be swapping out the JB if your amp was a 15W solid state practice amp. You probably have a nice signal chain already, so you know that the pickup isn't going to work for you. I was just trying to cover the situation where people think the pickup will change their sound entirely.

Comment

How about this, you all pitch in, and I'll get some and try them out on behalf of the JCF!
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Duncan Custom bridge. Keep the Jazz in the neck.
                Atta' boy.

Sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

'80s shred... Duncan Distortion bridge & Jazz neck.

The Suhr Dough Aldrich Set will do '80s shred as well (they were built for it)... similar to a SD JB, with a more flat/even voicing, no mid-hump and plenty of output.

Comment

For 80s shred like Becker, Vai, Gilbert etc you're talking looking at PAF Pro and Tone Zone mainly as far as the bridge is concerned. Possibly throw in the Evo in that bunch. Every 80s shred dude with an MP-1 seemed to love the Tone Zone though

Comment

I've never played or heard or seen Bare Knuckle pickups, but I'm jumping on the bandwagon already. Git u some!

Comment

It's looking like I'm gonna go with the duncan custom. and keep the jazz in the neck. I'm considering getting the pickup in cobalt blue to match my blue RR1

Comment

Good choice i think. But from what you stated about how you like it really hairy, you might need a overdrive or something to go with it. I mean to me it had gain enough, but not like a super distortion or super 3 , which are really hairy imo. I prefer a cleaner signal though from the guitar and add more of the crunch from the amp.

Comment

I hear ya man. Im not ready to pull the trigger yet though. If you go over to my thread about my wiring troubles with my RR1, you'll see what I mean lol

Comment

Ultimately it has to sound good to your ears so your best bet would be to go to a music store and try different guitars on an amp similar to yours and see which ones sound good to you.
                              Let your ears be the judge.
                              I have 3 Rhoads all different sounding. 2 have EMG-81's in them and the other has a Seymour Duncan Distortion in it buy it's a 1983 Jackson. So you have to factor in a lot of variables.

Comment

Yes you make a very good point. I'm wondering if the issues Im having with the sound of this RR1 aren't really "issues" I've played les Paul's through this amp for years and I'm just now getting back to Jackson's. I feel like I just need to adjust to these again. And reinvent my sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X