Any info on this guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info on this guitar?

I have a 1991 USA Jackson. It has the "U" series of numerals indicating that it is a 1991, made in Ontario California. The design pattern I am not familiar with. It not a Eerie Dess Swirl pattern. Looks like some type of "marble candy" type design. The Guitar looks to be a Soloist SL1 type guitar. It has original Jackson pickups and the Floyd Rose / Shaller trem. Anyone of you fine gentlemen familiar of what this guitar was called back in the day? a really unique looking guitar, at least to me, but maybe the more experienced eyes of this forum can help enlighten me to any history associated with the particular design. Plays beautifully. Maybe it's shown in one of the catalogs? Included are some pics. Thanks!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by JAMESHENDRIX; 02-29-2012, 11:57 AM. Reason: URL Pics not showing up.

Still no buyers eh James?

Like I told ya over text messages, it's an early 90s USA SL1 in I think Coral Sea finish.

Comment

I do like that one!! I remember a bolt on Dinky years ago with that paint scheme.
      Coral sea IIRC
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Is that a chip at the end of the headstock?
        Last edited by straycat; 02-29-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Yep, Coral Sea. They varied quite a bit from guitar to guitar. I haven't seen one with such distinct stripes of red, blue, & green before. I believe the finish was discontinued in the early 90s. I like it, I've seen a few Jacksons with that finish (Wilkinsi has a warrior in coral sea that has very little red in it if I remember right) but never had a chance to snag one.

I'm guessing that SL1 has a J50 & 2 J200 pickups and a JE1200 that requires a 9V battery. Those early 90s soloists are great players.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Is that a chip at the end of the headstock?
            Yeah, the back of that headstock does look a bit too pointy!

Comment

I pulled the ad, as I wanted to be sure exactly what I was selling. It's a soloist, that much I figured out on my own. I wanted some more experienced Jackson owners to give me their take on this guitar. I have been Googling for a number of days and can't find it on google images which is kind of strange for a production guitar. I spoke to a few Jackson collectors and they cant tell me what this is exactly. I even heard "Earth Theme". I cant seem to get a definitive answer. I was hoping someone saw it in a Jackson catalog somewhere, or has some knowledge of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMESHENDRIX View Post
                I spoke to a few Jackson collectors and they cant tell me what this is exactly. I even heard "Earth Theme". I cant seem to get a definitive answer. I was hoping someone saw it in a Jackson catalog somewhere, or has some knowledge of it.
                What exactly do you want to know?

It IS the Coral Sea paint scheme. That is a definitive answer.

Comment

Yes there is chip. I am having my guy look at it for repair, it too nice looking a guitar to let the chip stay, though it doesn't affect the playability.

Comment

Okay. Great. Ill google it to see if some other images come up of other Jacksons. Thanks.

Comment

Hope Wilkinsi doesn't mind, but here's a pic of his warrior I mentioned (grabbed it from a different thread here)

Wilksi.jpg

Comment

I am seeing other sea coral examples, but none with this vivid red as of yet. Thanks for the help.

Comment

They did vary quite a bit in their color makeup. I haven't seen one with as vivid a red as yours,.

Here are a couple I found online:
                          Coral2.jpg
                          Coral1.jpg

Comment

Colors varied a lot as they did with the crackle finishes.Nice colors on yours.

Comment

Here is another one that shows how much the color scheme could vary on this finish:

Coral3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X