No announcement yet.

NGD - Custom Shop Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool, seems like they might be from the same run, or at least a very similar one.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Pete, I just looked through Guitar Asylum's sold Jacksons, and that is where mine came from originally.

In looking at the specs I found out that I was right, this one has the speed neck profile. I knew it felt like my King V!

Also, did yours have a Super 3 when you got it? What bridge pickup do you have in it now, and how do you like it?
      Last edited by Ward; 02-29-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Hmmm wasn't aware of the speed neck profile. I'll have to compare it to my Demon which has a speed neck. Since I got the guitar used, it didn't have a build sheet for it. So no real clue to exact specs.

At the moment is has a JB in the bridge. I might be putting in either a Bare Knuckle Aftermath or an SD Alternative 8 (double-creme). Or I might make a JB-8 by changing the magnet. Not sure.

Comment

I bought a JB that should be showing up tomorrow that I am going to put in. But Hellbat & Sully have me wondering about the custom & alternative 8 if I don't like the JB...

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
            Hmmm wasn't aware of the speed neck profile. I'll have to compare it to my Demon which has a speed neck. Since I got the guitar used, it didn't have a build sheet for it. So no real clue to exact specs.

At the moment is has a JB in the bridge. I might be putting in either a Bare Knuckle Aftermath or an SD Alternative 8 (double-creme). Or I might make a JB-8 by changing the magnet. Not sure.

As someone who had an A8 before the Aftermath...

Aftermath.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Sweet guitar, awesome finish and layout.

And, to second Sully's comments, the Duncan Custom sounds awesome in just about anything. I've got a few mahogany body/neck guitars with it, and it's just a perfect tone combo. Although I think the Super 3 sounds just killer in mahogany, too. They are quite different tones, though - the Super3 has a lot more low end, IMHO.

Comment

Those 2 soloists are incredible, my favourite pickup combination

Comment

Just found this! Congrats bro! I actually prefer it with black hardware. It is hard to tell in pics guys, but this is one of the BRIGHTEST pinks I have even seen. The silver was almost too much. I bet the black compliments it perfectly in person.

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                    X