Custom Shop SL2H Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop SL2H Suggestions

I'm going to be ordering a custom SL2H very soon in Absinthe Frost. Along with a vintage knob setup (which is for sure), I'm trying to decide between sticking with the black hardware, or swapping it for chrome. I'm also considering having the head match the body instead of it painted black. Give me your suggestions. I'm at a standstill with myself and can't decide what to do.

Thanks in advance

Absinthe Frost...............agreed.
    Matching Head...............agreed.
    Hardware......................black.

I'm not up on what a production SL2H has so.......................

Reverse Headstock?
    Pickups? Please say EMG.
    Ivoroid binding.
    MOP sharkfins?
    How about an Afterburner?
    Ebony board?

Which ever way you go it'll be sweet.

Comment

I'll definitely go with matching headstock, its just looks right and for the hardware, i'm going chrome and dont forget the abalone for inlays & headstock logo

this is soloist with almost the same spec that you are confused :

Jackson Demon Custom Shop Black Cherry
      Ibanez RG5000SG
      Ibanez RGT3120TV
      Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
      Laney Cabinet 212 Lionheart
      POD Studio UX 2

Comment

I'd definitely match paint the headstock. Personally I'd have a reverse as well. Black hardware would look sweet. Since you're already going custom with it I'd go with a maple fretboard and black sharkies.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I agree with CowboyFromHell for reverse headstock, maple fretboard, but i still insist on abalone zig zag sharkies inlay :p just look at my demon cs, but imagine the inlay from abalone, cool
          Jackson Demon Custom Shop Black Cherry
          Ibanez RG5000SG
          Ibanez RGT3120TV
          Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
          Laney Cabinet 212 Lionheart
          POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by donnykbs View Post
            I'll definitely go with matching headstock, its just looks right and for the hardware, i'm going chrome and dont forget the abalone for inlays & headstock logo

this is soloist with almost the same spec that you are confused :

I definitely referenced that when trying to decide. I'm just worried that chrome will make it almost "too?" shiny...if thats possible. The black does give it awesome contrast, but chrome looks much cleaner a lot of the time.

Comment

+1 on matching headstock.

Comment

What do you mean by vintage knob setup? Two volumes and two tones?
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_Roxx View Post
                  I'm just worried that chrome will make it almost "too?" shiny...if thats possible.
                  I just got a soloist that is a bright magenta color, and it came with chrome hardware. I am changing all the hardware to black because the brighter color and the shiny chrome was too much for me. I like the contrast of the black like you said, seems to dial it back a little so it isn't 'too much'.

To be fair, I'm not a big fan of chrome hardware in general.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                    What do you mean by vintage knob setup? Two volumes and two tones?
                    Not sure if this is what he is referring to, but I think this is what is called a vintage setup :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Cust...item1e6b08f75d

Specifically:
                    "moved the knobs and toggle switch 1" closer to the bridge, giving you way more space for your picking hand to move around without bumping into any controls."

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      Not sure if this is what he is referring to, but I think this is what is called a vintage setup :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Cust...item1e6b08f75d

Specifically:
                      "moved the knobs and toggle switch 1" closer to the bridge, giving you way more space for your picking hand to move around without bumping into any controls."
                      That's the style.

Comment

That green guitar is amazing.

Comment

That's the style.
                          Gotcha. I'd go with black hardware for contrast, but you can always swap hardware out if you decide you don't like it. Matching headstock would be cool.
                          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                            Gotcha. I'd go with black hardware for contrast, but you can always swap hardware out if you decide you don't like it. Matching headstock would be cool.
                            A quote should be coming sometime soon. I decided on black hardware and a matching head. I figure if I don't like the look of black then I'd do just that and swap it out for chrome. Now I'm wondering if I should get a MOP Jackson logo instead of the standard white.

Comment

if I should get a MOP Jackson logo
                              Yes.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X