Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELP] GAS detected, Need info about SL2H Zowie, help me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] GAS detected, Need info about SL2H Zowie, help me....

Today, as the ritual morning goes on "searching on the guitar market site", i found this guitar "2001 Jackson USA SL2H".
    Information that i got from the seller :
    - 2001 Jackson USA SL2H with Original pickups, Seymour Duncan JB & 59, the paint on this guitar is amazing and is in perfect condition. It is called ZOWIE Cyan/Magenta paint from 2001. It is what some people call "flip flop" paint, comes in the original Jackson hardshell case. There are no chips in the paint, no rust on the hardware and the frets look brand new.
    - All original except a few upgrades, I have a Floyd Upgrades Big Brass Block in the Original Floyd Rose bridge and a Trem Stopper from Floyd Upgrades as well. The price is US $1,199.00.
    Here is the photos :

My Question is :
    - As far as i browse soloist usa jackson, i never found this finish, could anyone of you shade some light on any information, maybe a picture, a jackson catalogue or just tell me that this ZOWIE Cyan/Magenta finish really exist ? this finish is somewhat looks like the mystic dream frome ernie ball musicman jp6.

- Is US $1,199 a good and fair price or is it cheap or too expensive ?

- I never use Big Brass Block and Trem Stopper in the Original Floyd Rose bridge or any bridge, does this modification categorized as heavy modification that remove some woods or needs drilling ? or its just like the tremol-no that you could just put it in guitar without any light/heavy modifications ?

- The seller could provide more pics, from this pics i could know that there maybe "Made In USA" in the head stock, but its blur, so im not so sure, from the pics we could also know that theres serial number on the end of 24 frets, but again, its blur/not clear, and i wanna ask for back body photos and the back headstock photos so i could see the back of the tuning pegs. So, I wanna ask more photos about :
    a. Photos from the back side of tremolo with the trem cover remove
    b. SERIAL NUMBER PHOTOS ON THE 24 FRET
    c. HANG TAG/SERIAL NUMBER CARD
    d. Front and Back Headstock
    e. Modification photos
    Could you recommend me anymore photos that i should ask this seller to provide ?

Thanks for your help, God Bless You and have a good day
    Last edited by donnykbs; 02-20-2012, 08:25 PM. Reason: correction
    Jackson Demon Custom Shop Black Cherry
    Ibanez RG5000SG
    Ibanez RGT3120TV
    Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
    Laney Cabinet 212 Lionheart
    POD Studio UX 2

That finish is called "Interference Cyan". I think that's a fair price as it looks to be in good shape and you're not in North America.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

Not to derail here, but Grim, do you vulch around here? You just post out of nowhere on the third day of the month right after the last quarter of the moon on some seemingly random post. I have yet to figure out what interests you, what doesnt etc. Youre like a MIB around here. Ever elusive but ever present in the shadows apparently.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
        That finish is called "Interference Cyan". I think that's a fair price as it looks to be in good shape and you're not in North America.
        ok, i've been searching around & found this http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...01_catalog.pdf in jackson catalogs, so its confirm that this finish exist.
        As to answer Grim, i have a friend in Bissonnet St Houston, Texas so buying it wouldn't be a problem.

The info that just know, the seller is a fellow member in this forum.

grim, many thanks for your answer.

Now this Questions remains, if anyone could help me
        - I never use Big Brass Block and Trem Stopper in the Original Floyd Rose bridge or any bridge, does this modification categorized as heavy modification that remove some woods or needs drilling ? or its just like the tremol-no that you could just put it in guitar without any light/heavy modifications ?

- The seller could provide more pics, from this pics i could know that there maybe "Made In USA" in the head stock, but its blur, so im not so sure, from the pics we could also know that theres serial number on the end of 24 frets, but again, its blur/not clear, and i wanna ask for back body photos and the back headstock photos so i could see the back of the tuning pegs. So, I wanna ask more photos about :
        a. Photos from the back side of tremolo with the trem cover remove
        b. SERIAL NUMBER PHOTOS ON THE 24 FRET
        c. HANG TAG/SERIAL NUMBER CARD
        d. Front and Back Headstock
        e. Modification photos
        Could you recommend me anymore photos that i should ask this seller to provide ?
        Ibanez RG5000SG
        Ibanez RGT3120TV
        Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
        POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          Not to derail here, but Grim, do you vulch around here? You just post out of nowhere on the third day of the month right after the last quarter of the moon on some seemingly random post. I have yet to figure out what interests you, what doesnt etc. Youre like a MIB around here. Ever elusive but ever present in the shadows apparently.
          Look here:

Back on track:

The paint is legit AFAIK, some Roswell's had this colour scheme. They are pretty rare though. If the condition is good, that's a great price.

The trem block should require any woodworking, but the trem stopper will probably be screwed into the cavity.

Ask for high resolution pictures of the front, back, serial no (end of the fretboard), the trem cavity and any imperfections. There might not be a hang tag after all these years, but if there is, you're lucky.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Ok, just received this info from the seller, it's sold... so this thread ends now, whew... i guess this beauty just not for me
            Ibanez RG5000SG
            Ibanez RGT3120TV
            Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
            POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Bad luck!
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

You snooze you lose

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Seems like it was a good deal to me for a cool finish, if it was black or something equally boring I would have said maybe a bit less. I think Rudy may have a Rhoads in that color IIRC. Or a splatter with that as the base. I could be wrong though. Too much drinking and other stuff growing up messed with the braincells.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Here's a thread about that and similar finishes from last year.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/116...ht=zowie+paint

I've got a 2002 SL1 with interference fireglow, which is similar, but instead of flipflopping from purple to blue it flips from purple to orange/gold.

Comment

Sorry, I'm a bit late to this thread. But yeah, that is an original finish. I have a custom shop Soloist in Interference Cyan Magenta, a KV2 and an SL2H in Interference Fireglo, and my Custom Shop 24 fret Rhoads in Mystic. The first two were available as USA Select finishes from Jackson. My Mystic Rhoads was done before EBMM did the Mystic Dream Petrucci. That color was originally available as a limited edition Mustang Cobra. I sent the touch up paint bottles of Mystic to Jackson after buying them at Ford and had my Rhoads done. A couple years later EBMM came out with Mystic Dream. Mystic shifts color too but it's not the same as Cyan Magenta or Fireglo. Those are three different colors.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

seeing that this thread still running, makes me cant forget the losing hahaha.... its only within an hour until i posted this thread and the SL2H was sold....
                        Last edited by donnykbs; 02-21-2012, 04:57 PM.
                        Ibanez RG5000SG
                        Ibanez RGT3120TV
                        Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                        POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by donnykbs View Post
                          seeing that this thread still running, makes me cant forget the losing hahaha.... its only within an hour until i posted this thread and the SL2H was sold....
                          Sorry to hear that. But if its any consolation, keep in mind that Interference Fireglo and Interference Cyan Magenta were Jackson USA Select colors. So there are more out there
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

that was very sweet....hesitation kills....
                            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              Sorry to hear that. But if its any consolation, keep in mind that Interference Fireglo and Interference Cyan Magenta were Jackson USA Select colors. So there are more out there
                              thanks for the info, i just thought that for the price & condition that is very nice its a real deal

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                              that was very sweet....hesitation kills....
                              agree....
                              Ibanez RG5000SG
                              Ibanez RGT3120TV
                              Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                              POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Working...
                              X