J0006 Vivian Campbell's Lost Jackson Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J0006 Vivian Campbell's Lost Jackson Les Paul

A pretty cool piece of Jackson History here. J0006, Vivian Campbell's 'Lost' Jackson Les Paul.

It was recently returned to him after having gone missing 20+ years ago. He had left the guitar with a friend and then lost touch with him. A mutual aquaintance put them back in touch and the guitar was sent back.

The pics were taken at DRL Graphics on it's way back to Vivian.

Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Cool. I didn't even know Vivian used to have a Jackson LP. Learn something new every day.

Comment

Cool, thanks for sharing

Comment

I'll be honest. This was a let down. Vivan had so many cool axes - Nightswans, Charvels with graphics. I was hoping to see something much more exciting. A flat black LP with maple FB and dot inlays? meh. Send it to Dan Lawrence and have him paint a Last in Line graphic on it, and put some upside down black cross inlays to replace the dots. Then we'll be talking.

Comment

+1

that is cool for its rarity, but otherwise just looks like a japanese off-brand turd guitar from the '80s!!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Cool! I remember seeing pics of him with a Les Paul back in the day, but not the Jackson version.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Uh-oh.....Gibson headstock shape on a Fender/Jackson product!!!! Good thing this was manufactured way back before suing people was a legitimate professional career.

And yeah....Pretty boring compared to some of the stuff he had.

Comment

That's pretty cool! Anyone know the scale length? The spacing btw the pickups looks slightly wider than a LP, so I'm guessing it's a 25.5 inch scale neck.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Hopefully he doesn't smash it when he sees the Dio logo on the case. Anyone know what pickups are in there? They remind me of the old Aria Pro rail pickups.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Its a cool one. Who needs graphics. Pickups look like they are either Silverbirds or V-5s.........

Comment

very cool. not what i was expecting. thanks for posting that....

dave

Comment

Cool pix, even the road case is cool!
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I thought the pickups were DiMarzion X2N's, but I've never had that style of pickup (thick rails)

Comment

Hard to say for sure but...it looks here like he had the same kind of pickups in his Gibson Les Paul...whatever they are
                            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              I thought the pickups were DiMarzion X2N's, but I've never had that style of pickup (thick rails)
                              DiMarzio X2N rails are black.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X