Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying SDK1 - Advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying SDK1 - Advice please!

Have a couple of MIJ jacksons but have always wanted a USA model but they are way out of my price bracket usually.
    I've seen a used SDK1 online which appears in excellent condition but having searched the forum here the neck seems to be thicker than most jacksons.
    I would be grateful for peoples views on SDK1 necks compared to other jacksons they own/have owned.
    Thanks/
    Power chords...what more do you need?!

This is the super dinky model correct? keep in mind that the body is smaller than a regular dinky/soloist, hence the name "super" dinky

Some more info here:
    http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page16.jpg

Comment

Yep super dinky model. More interested in opinions of the neck.

Comment

The necks are generally thicker than a Jackson USA Dinky. Not baseball bat thick, but more substantial than what is "standard" for Jackson. You'll probably like it, but it will be noticeably thicker than most USA necks.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

They have a bit more thickness to it, more along the lines of a PRS wide fat, than a wide thin.

I've owned 2. Great guitar. Swap out the pickups when you've got some cash down the line. Real floyd, USA construction. YOu can get them cheap too.

Comment

Thanks for the info. If i buy it i'll post up some pics.

Comment

Working...
            X