Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case for Y2KV

Hi guys,

I've bought a Y2KV recently and the seller doesnt have proper case to ship the guitar to me. I'm going to buy a case and send to him. Can anybody tell me which case suits Y2KV?

Thanks in advance.

Rui

My guess is a Gibson V case, but it's purely a guess.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but according to Jani, Y2KV doesnt suit his 70s gibson case due to its longer wings

Comment

Maybe a Dean?
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

perhaps?? But the problem is i dont have the guitar myself and i can not bring the guitar to a store to try different cases.

Comment

300 -vx coffin case maybe?

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder if the newer Jackson V cases would fit it... I guess it would take someone that has both of those things to be sure though.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have the newer V case, as well as the older keyboard V case, and they fit the Rhoads and King V snuggly. I can't imagine a Y2KV fitting, since the wings are so much wider.

Comment

Yeah you may have to buy a case that lets you cut your own foam or have G&G build one or something.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The only one I can think of that MIGHT fit is the Gator Extreme. It's $140.00 USD and they provide various foam shapes to contour to most any guitar. It's not the best - it's actually kind of cheesy, but I don't know of any other. Give it a try.

If I remember correctly, I while ago, a Jackson employee was on this forum looking for the same case. Not good when someone in the organization doesn't even know where to get a case for the Y2KV.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all replies. I'm going to ask G&G to make me a case for Y2KV. But at the moment I think i have to pick up the guitar by myself.

Comment

Jackson/Charvel doesn't make a factory case for it?
                        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Will this work?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...76139000000000
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

Thats the one I was talking about earlier nimitz. Someone was saying the wing area is too short for a y2kv.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
                              Thanks a lot for all replies. I'm going to ask G&G to make me a case for Y2KV. But at the moment I think i have to pick up the guitar by myself.
                              That's the best route but it will be expensive. The coffin case mentioned works, I think. I have a Coffin Case for mine but can't remember the model number. The issue with the coffin case is that its too damn long.

The Gator case mentioned may work. You need about 46"x18" for the Y2KV. Just not sure how well it will sit in the case.
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X