New here. Just saying Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here. Just saying Hi

I'm a newbie here even though I've been a fan of Jackson/Charvel since 1988! As a big Adrian Smith and Phil Collen fan it's hardly a surprise.

Here's my main axe, the PC1. Serial no. 004366

Loads of great info on this site. Should have joined sooner!
    Jackson PC1
    Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
    Charvel 475 Ltd Edition Platinum Crackle
    Jackson Professional Kip Winger bass
    Sei Flamboyant Offset 7 string bass
    Sei Flamboyant 6 string fretless bass
    James Tyler 4 string bass

Welcome........nice guitar too.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse. Lovin' the natural finish quilt top and the gold really sets it off.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately, my PC1's neck is so unstable that after a while the action just gets higher and higher. The guys at Fender GB have had a look and it'll need a new neck. I do a bit of guitar repair and tried time and again to get it to behave with no luck, so it's exactly what i thought it would need. Repairs would be so expensive that a new neck is the proper option. I know there have been PC1's with this problem in the past so it's not a real surprise.

I was real upset about it, but it's just one of those things. The guys at Fender GB have been real great though. I can't fault them at all.

A new neck comes from the Custom Shop. Not sure if I can order the authentic 'just like Phil' baseball bat neck though.
        Jackson PC1
        Jackson Adrian Smith SDX

Comment

Welcome....I think that coming from the CS you may order anything you want...did you placed you order???

I don't know where the serial number on the PC1's is. Is it on the back plate of the neck??? Just wondering if the neck exchange would have anything to do with the serial number.
          Last edited by JCB RR1; 01-26-2012, 09:52 AM. Reason: Added text

Comment

Yeah, the serial number is on the neck plate.

The necks have changed since mine was made (not sure in which way) so a CS order it is. I've got to raise the necessary funds for the neck but I'll ask if I can have the different profile, and if Mike Shannon can make it!, before I order it.
            Jackson PC1
            Jackson Adrian Smith SDX

Comment

They have Strat heads now. May be other differences, but that's one I know of.
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Welcome dude, you have extremely awesome taste in guitarists, 2 of my faves as well.

Comment

Working...
                X