NGD - 88 Jackson Soloist One Hum with Graphic Skeletons Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - 88 Jackson Soloist One Hum with Graphic Skeletons Ball

Picked this up from a new Guitar buddy. My Man Ian.

Always had an eye on this one and a opportunity came up to own it. Since im kinda getting sucked into the one hum soloist kick lately i said what the hell.

I changed a few things out on it.. Seems from the factory it came with an oversized humbucker and a was volume, tone. before ian picked it up someone swapped it out to EMG 85 and drilled a 3rd hole for God knows what.

So since the Jackson FLoyd that was on there wasn't to attractive i decided to throw a German floyd, Blackout AHB-2 Metal pickup and make that 3rd hole an afterburner access. and wired it up 18 volt mod So here it is..

Plays good. Neck is nice on this one..

Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM.

Hell yeah! Nice catch and sweet mods to boot.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

yup, saw that. badass. good job.
      >^v^<

Comment

Sweet axe. I love the 1 hum soloists myself. "I have been told" the 18v thing does as much for the Blackouts as EMG's. I have the AHB1 set in my Model 5 and I am quite fond of them. I've never tried the AHB2's. What I love about the 1's over passive pickups is the tone/sonic character doesn't change appreciably when you turn the volume down.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I had been talk to Ian about grabbing that one since summer but the JT6 killed it for me. But it's a killer piece and one you will never find again. It would look great next to Curt's bass that he sold...

Comment

Looks great Bob. I thought all the holes were original though - it wouldn't be the first single hum with 3 pots...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Lol. awe Dave that Shouldn't matter? Floyds are easy to change dude. just like pickups. But yeah it sounds awesome now. Ahb2 is so hot that even on a clean channel sounds like a plexi. Lol

Comment

Yeah if it had a J-80c or J-90c and a JE-1200 it could have come stock with 3 pots.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Its definitely not a factory 3rd hole. It's not quite aligned with the others and a different size. But I like this config. Now if I can get a one hum kv..

Comment

That one is sweet. I don't know if it's the same one, but I saw that graphic years ago (not in person) and really dug it. Single hum just sweetens the deal.

I'm on a single hum kick myself lately. I've only got one so far, so it isn't much of a kick I guess...
                    Last edited by Ward; 01-24-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                      Lol. awe Dave that Shouldn't matter? Floyds are easy to change dude. just like pickups. But yeah it sounds awesome now. Ahb2 is so hot that even on a clean channel sounds like a plexi. Lol
                      True to a point Bob. The Stud Inserts are different so you can't use the floyd studs (I might make some adapeters in my shop) and the nut mod would suck. Trust me I wanted that guitar but could not get over the nut issue. It's a awesome guitar no matter what..

Comment

Cool guitar. Congrats on a great addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
                          The Stud Inserts are different so you can't use the floyd studs (I might make some adapeters in my shop)
                          That's a good point Dave. But www.fretsonthenet.com does a better quality post that fits into the JT6 insert. Plus of course, pulling the insert isn't out of the question if you want to do the whole thing. Though of course, you're still stuck with the JT6 (or in this case a swapped out Kahler) string lock.
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Hey Dave whats your thoughts on this..

I noticed on my other 88 one hum the studs are different. so im thinking this wasn't the original trem and studs for this.

I dont have any others to compare to but im thinking so.

Although i dunno what crack juice they were drinking back then using a Kahler locking nut on floyd equipped guitars. just pandemonium i tell ya..

Comment

Hello Bob,

As far as I know Floyd guitars had Floyd nuts unless some dude wanted a Kahler nut. I think many non floyd guitars have been changed to floyds which makes peeps think they came that way. As Ian said, frets on the net makes a stud that has the correct thread for the JT6 insert and the proper cut angle for a floyd. What I don't like about them is the threads are more coarse than the floyd studs and the have a straight screw driver slot as opposed to a hex. That's why I was thinking of making a insert adapter but it's on my long list of projects. If I do it, we'll slam out a bunch and let the forum(s) know.

Comment

Working...
                              X