New guy looking for some info on a Jackson Telly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy looking for some info on a Jackson Telly

Gidday folks, just got offered a 1988 Jackson Telly in a trade. The guy said it was made in the Ontario factory and must be a custom order because it is different than any other he has seen. Not knowing these guitars from a hole in the ground I was referenced here from Rupe, he figured you guys would know pretty much everything about the guitar
    Anyways, here's some (crude) pics, any information would be greatly appreciated(value, year, awesomeness factor). The colour is a translucent pink.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tyler

It was made in 1987 or 1988. Pull the neck off or look in the trem cavity for an exact date.
    The JT-6 trem was primarily used during this time period... maybe a little bleed over into early 89.

As for it being a custom, anything made before 1990 is technically a custom order as there were no "official" production models until then.
    Pricing it may be a little hard as there weren't many Tele bodies made, but I would say this would be worth somewhere in the $500 to $800 range.
    Other than the body shape, the rest of the components and paint job are fairly common.

What are you trading?

Welcome!
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 01-24-2012, 10:32 AM.
    -Rick

Comment

+1

Is that serial number 4334?
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

This ESP;

Comment

Is an ESP M1 a bolt on? If so, you're the winner in the deal. If not, it's probably about an even trade. A USA Jackson compared to a Japanese ESP...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

No it's neck-thru, very nice guitar, just looking for a change!

Comment

I love lawsuit headstock ESP's, even with the odd looking neck single that looks to be an aftermarket add-on. I have a Horizon. I wouldn't do the trade.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys, I've decided to go ahead with the trade, if not only to change things up. My main axe is a Nunis LP-type guitar that just kills so I figured with my other axe I can have some fun trying out different things through trades. Worst case scenario would be I don't love it and try and trade for something else!

Comment

yep that the old M1 custom w the huge bevel in the horn. one of my first guitars ever. thats an even trade, IMHO both about $7-800, maybe a bit less because of the added single on the ESP....either way both are cool guitars.

Comment

Got it!! Sweet guitar!!!!! Very low action and in absolute mint condition. I was very surprised with the black binding, I wasn't expecting it! Will post some good soon!

Comment

That's such a bad-ass tele.

Comment

Can't believe the condition for an axe this old!!!!!

Comment

After seeing the updated photos, I think you did real well on the trade. That tele is friggin bad ass. Love the black binding.

Comment

Working...
                          X