Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me exactly what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me exactly what this is?

My buddy asked me to sell this for him. He bought it brand new somewhere around 1990-92. He has no idea what model it is. From the research I've done it looks to be a custom shop model (4-digit serial in the 3000's) Beyond that I'm clueless. Anyone know what it is and what it's worth? It's all original and like new except for a chunk of maple missing on the point of the headstock.

Post the serial.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

It's a 1987 or 88 Jackson strat. It's not a 'custom' because everything was 'custom' back then because there was no production range as such, and it's worth what someone will pay for it. With a JT6 and rosewood, I'd say around $700...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yup , what Neilli said, nice colour though , screams 80's !

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
          Post the serial.
          I've always been under the impression that posting the S/N was a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            It's a 1987 or 88 Jackson strat. It's not a 'custom' because everything was 'custom' back then because there was no production range as such, and it's worth what someone will pay for it. With a JT6 and rosewood, I'd say around $700...
            OK, thanks.

Comment

its a pink Jackson.
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I just noticed this guitar has the lock AFTER the actual nut...rather then being the nut....I had a charvel like that it was mid to late 80's...For me, it didn't stay in tune very well and I ended up installing a real FR....sadly, the guitar was stolen
                -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

bubble gum.
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Why wouldn't you want to post the serial number? The guys on here could probably damn near tell you who the guy was that made it.

Comment

^^ $700 is a reasonable appraisal, perhaps a bit less if you want to move it quickly. Nice fiddle!

Comment

Interesting color - "none more pink".

It's weird how you run into people who have guitars like this in their closets that they rarely played since they ordered it on a whim or something and never did much with it. A little cleanup and it would look brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by aliensporebomb View Post
                          Interesting color - "none more pink".

It's weird how you run into people who have guitars like this in their closets that they rarely played since they ordered it on a whim or something and never did much with it. A little cleanup and it would look brand new.
                          He was in a sort of glam metal band in the late 80's - early 90's, he bought this as a backup and barely used it.

Comment

Working...
                          X