I want to know about PCS Series Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to know about PCS Series Jacksons

I'm gathering some infos on Jackson PCS(Players Choice Series) to understand what they are. All I know is that they have serials starting with the letter PCS and DM on King Vs.
    I've been searching JCF and JGP and Jani's Dave Mustaine tribute page, but I could not get the answers I wanted..
    So my question is this...

1. When did they start?
    2. Are they limited runs? If so, what are the differences?
    3. What models(Dinky, King V, RR, etc) are considered as PCS Series?
    4. Are they built by the shop whenever they feel like it? or built on order?
    5. What do they mean by 'PCS Style Body' in this link? http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/3...ar-Snow-White/

The main PCS guitar is the Rhoads PCS. This was built like Randy's original black/gold string thru which had the old style Jackson logo on the headstock, binding over the fret ends, the small shark fin inlays, poplar body, Duncan Distortion bridge and Jazz neck pickups, etc... I bought mine brand new in 1994. They were built as a special series, 200 of them or so I believe. Fantastic guitars!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

When people say Jackson PCS, they're generally referring to the Rhoads. But that's something of a misconception, in that there were 2 dinkys, the spitz 10 string, Phil Collen Archtop and the Mustaine type KV. According to the catalogues, the PCS series were just available in 93/94. They can be viewed as a more-exclusive production guitar (i.e. set specs) so they 'sit above' the USA Series (pre USA Select) of the time, but below a full custom order, and they had higher specs (unique body styles, fancy woods, binding over the fret ends etc) than the production guitars.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...son_Charvel%2F
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thank you for the replys guys! So, were they built to order or were they just made by the shop irregularly? And did each models(Dinky, RR, King V, Phil Collins Archtop) had their own specific serials? or is it just PCSXXX?

Comment

My Rhoads PCS has a serial number of PCS 075 or 0075, can't remember off hand.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Nidec View Post
            Thank you for the replys guys! So, were they built to order or were they just made by the shop irregularly? And did each models(Dinky, RR, King V, Phil Collins Archtop) had their own specific serials? or is it just PCSXXX?
            They were limited production runs.

I think a few of the non Rhoads PCS models accidentally shipped with J serial numbers... I dunno, was never really much of a concern to me and my memory is fuzzy on the subject. I'm sure someone will step in to correct me.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I know this thread is ancient, but we've been trying to find out info on a RR PCS we have. We thought it was a 1992, but some threads suggest they didn't start until 1993/1994. I have seen the "black only" in a 1993 catalog. Thing is, ours is WHITE with serial PCS 0150 RR. The story we have is that there were 150 made. Of those, most were black/gold and only 2 were white. Apparently, there were a few natural finishes in the remaining 148. I called Jackson (Fender) and the sales guy actually said they had no info on any Jackson guitars prior to the Fender acquisition. I asked if any other sales guys might be considered 'Jackson experts"? He said no one knew anything pre-Fender.

Anyone have any info on these? Number/colors/year of manufacture, etc.?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQJsXwFqSD/
              Last edited by Inlow Guitars; 05-09-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Im not sure about the other colors but I bought a PCS in black/gold new in 1994. The LTD run was 1992.

Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                X