Belly Contour on King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belly Contour on King V

I love the feel of a King V, and my ESP DV8's with a belly contour. I'm getting a custom shop king v made soon, would you have a belly contour on it? Opinions on them?

I have to say I've never really thought about it. The way my king v's lay I don't think a contour would really make much difference. I don't like the look of it in that picture, but it's your custom so if that is what you want then do it. That's why you are having a custom made. Otherwise just buy a KV2.

Hope that helps.
    Good luck with it.
    Kevin
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I rely on the bevels of my Warriors to act as sort-of-belly rests
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm with Veemagic, I don't think a contour would make a difference for me. The king v seems to lay flat with my body, so if anything a contour would be a space that I don't need.

Also, I don't have much of a belly, so maybe that should factor in

Comment

I was kind of nervous about this when I bought my RR1 a few months ago. I'd always had strat shaped guitars with the belly cut, and I knew the RR1 didn't have one. It's really a non-issue though. I've never thought about it until this thread. I feel like how hard you rest your picking forearm on the guitar while playing has more of an effect on the angle of the guitar than a belly contour. Another thing to consider is how high you play your guitar. I'm assuming you at least play kind of high if you're this concerned about the cutout, because the tummy cut would basically be irrelevant if you play the guitar between your knees and nutsack. Basically I don't think you'll miss the contour if you go without it but if you're getting a custom it couldn't hurt to have it carved on there. Not to be an asshole, but I also don't really have a considerable gut, for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrider29 View Post
            I was kind of nervous about this when I bought my RR1 a few months ago. I'd always had strat shaped guitars with the belly cut, and I knew the RR1 didn't have one. It's really a non-issue though. I've never thought about it until this thread. I feel like how hard you rest your picking forearm on the guitar while playing has more of an effect on the angle of the guitar than a belly contour. Another thing to consider is how high you play your guitar. I'm assuming you at least play kind of high if you're this concerned about the cutout, because the tummy cut would basically be irrelevant if you play the guitar between your knees and nutsack. Basically I don't think you'll miss the contour if you go without it but if you're getting a custom it couldn't hurt to have it carved on there. Not to be an asshole, but I also don't really have a considerable gut, for what it's worth.
            Thanks for the info, I don't have a gut either, I've just been used to the cutout.

Comment

I hate those cutouts. They always make the guitar tip up.

The Rhoads and KV both hang just fine without them for me.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I find that as I'm getting older, there's more of a need for a gut cut

Comment

I have a rhoads (rr1) and to be honest i think it sits better without the belly cutout (as aposed to an ESP alexi), on the esp its in the wrong area anyway

however if you prefer it then, you know what you want

Comment

Working...
                  X