PC-1 on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-1 on the way!

Just ordered a PC-1 Au Natural from Matt's! Should be here this week. I can't freaking wait!

Even though I have been spoiled rotten today....you have just made me jealous!!

Comment

Among the finest bolt ons that Jackson makes! My all time fav guitar and I own more than a few of them!

Your gonna love it!

Comment

I have a Mocha one...dont play it much..couldnt get used to that fat LP neck! But thats what Phil loves... Other than that, its a great axe! Congrats

Last edited by Robert Burns; 12-26-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Congrats they are great guitars i have the chameleon finish and i love it. I don't get the fat neck thing though the neck on mine feels quite slim to me it's nowhere near as big as any of the les pauls i've owned. My soloist has a much fatter neck my pc1 feels more like the american standard strats i've owned.

Comment

Dare I say it but the PC1 is Jackson's best production model.

It actually reminds me of the Eric Johnson Strat, in that it feels like a custom shop guitar with a production model price.

Comment

Well, I've had the PC-1 for a couple of weeks, and I have to say, I'm a little dissapointed in it.

First, I thought the finish was going to be gloss, not the rough "satin" finish. That really threw me off when I opened the case.

And the electronics..this is the noisiest guitar that I have ever heard. I can't figure out the switches,etc. I can't get a decent tone out of this thing to save my life. Every time I plug it in, I just change it out to another guitar. This guitar will voice every pick touch, etc, so if you are a crappy player like me, it will sound off every (and I mean EVERY) mistake that you make, lol.

The neck is sweet though. I love the maple with no inlays. But other thatn that, I'm having a hard time bonding so far.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                Well, I've had the PC-1 for a couple of weeks, and I have to say, I'm a little dissapointed in it.

First, I thought the finish was going to be gloss, not the rough "satin" finish. That really threw me off when I opened the case.

And the electronics..this is the noisiest guitar that I have ever heard. I can't figure out the switches,etc. I can't get a decent tone out of this thing to save my life. Every time I plug it in, I just change it out to another guitar. This guitar will voice every pick touch, etc, so if you are a crappy player like me, it will sound off every (and I mean EVERY) mistake that you make, lol.

The neck is sweet though. I love the maple with no inlays. But other thatn that, I'm having a hard time bonding so far.
                Maybe it will make you step your game up?
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Well you did order the Au Natural no?

Do not understand how it could be such a noisy guitar really? Are both 9V's fresh? Perhaps you actually have a warranty issue?

Switches are simply as hell. You got your standard volume, tone and 5-way like any other Strat no?

The final knob is the intensity (volume if you will) of the sustainer and the two switches are dead easy too.

The bottom one is simply the on/off for the sustainer while the other gives you in simple terms, either standard sustain or screaming harmonic sustain with ubber cool feedback.

Any other questions do not be shy to ask!

I say stick with it as it's probably the best bolt on Jackson makes. I have no less than three at the moment (had up to six at one point) and it is hands down my fav guitar ever!

Comment

Au Natural is just that... a natural finish.
                    All the other finishes are glossy.
                    Perhaps you were looking at a Solar finished guitar when you ordered the Au Natural.

btw... a little Scott's liquid gold shines it up nicely and keeps the finger grime to a minimum.
                    -Rick

Comment

I think I'm in the minority, but I never bonded with mine either. For some different reasons than yourself, some similar. I also can't get a sound I like out of it, but for me it's the neck. Feels HUGE, and overall I don't like the feel of it. As you said, every time I tried to spend some time with it I ended up picking up a different axe.

Don't get me wrong, they are a fantastic guitar, they just aren't for me. I got mine new in April, and it sits in its case waiting to be sold when something new catches my eye & I need funds...

Comment

Well on that note if anyone has an older "Sears" headstock PC1 and is not binding with it feel free to shoot me a PM.

I would be interested in your guitar!

Comment

The niose is almost like a constant feedback, with the switches up or down.

I'll spend some more time with her and play with the settings, but it just doesn't sound very good. The tone seems really trebly to me.

I never play my White Ghost flames CS, just because I am afraid to touch it, but I played that yesterday after the PC-1, and it blew it away. The soloist has way more bass and sounded so much better to me. The PC-1 is just too tinny.

Comment

Sounds like you're leaving the sustainer on all the time.

Also I don't know how you could really call the PC-1 "trebly" or "tinny" because the bridge pickup is really, really dark compared to about any other stock Jackson.

Comment

Well, I've had the PC-1 for a couple of weeks, and I have to say, I'm a little dissapointed
                              I am too. Where the F are the pictures?

Comment

Working...
                              X