No announcement yet.

2nd CS Double Rhoads on order with a long life story LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see you back Randy! Sorry to hear about the challenges that 2011 brought for you, but am damn glad you've found yourself again! I do know how hard that can be. I was just playing your old trans-black korina KV1 yesterday and was wondering where you've been. Can't wait to hear more Body of Scars too!!
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I guess your ears were ringing and had to come back. Me and canella were taking about you.

I'm still loving that dbl rhoads. Good your back dude!
      Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 12-10-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Randy, Glad to have you back.

Comment

Guitar looks really cool. Really huge and that's a thick cap! I usually stick to strat shaped guitars out of ergonomics but I am always curious about the pointy ones.
          2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
          Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Gentleman....much thanks for the warm welcome back....very much appreciated and thanks for the kind words!!
            USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
            USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Welcome home! It sucks you had to go through all that but in the longrun you'll be better off. And as silly as it sounds, Popeye moto is pretty true... "I am what I am."

Looking forward to seeing the new guitar. Keep us posted.

Comment

Welcome back Randy, I still drool over that double rhoads sometimes.

You'll find that nothing has changed much here, we're still the chatty idiots we were Here's a summary of what you missed:

Ron is still resident grammer natzi
                Cyggy is building amps
                Sully has a guitar garage, it's cool, check it out
                Lousiffer has the whole forum on the edge of their seats with his life story
                Rsmacker and Wilksy are still fighting
                Bill is back and likes to talk about how his computer and gear can blow him
                Endrik is still an appalling young man
                Fuck Toejam
                Last edited by levantin; 12-10-2011, 11:31 AM.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Another heartfelt Welcome Back!
                  Hell I thought you were off on an international tour or sumpin' and had outgrown us wee folk.

Great shooting, man I miss that stuff.
                  No time or money for it nowadays.

As L said, yes I'm officially a mad scientist.
                  Amp building is in my blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
                    There is no reason whatsoever that you can't have a corporate job and be a metal head too. I own a business and it does not stop me, aside from having long hair that is. Just becuase you love metal and love to jam does not mean you are not grown up...
                    I totally agree. I work a corporate job for a well known investment firm by day and live metal by night. I had the wife try to change me, but I told her that all I do is play guitar. I don't go out drinking every night and I don't run around with other women, so she not only backed off but bought me an awesome SL1T.

Comment

Thanks guys, been lurking alot more and getting back into playing.

Toe i'll email you the tracks in a couple of days when my internet at home is hooked up bro
                      USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                      USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        I don't think I have ever seen a guitar in trans white.
                        I guess it'll look somewhat like this? Can't wait to see it. Welcome back!! I am a total metalhead and work in a cubicle all day. Been doing that for the past 11 years as well.

Sam

Comment

Awesome story and super cool guitar! And who ever said 42 is old!
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                            Toe i'll email you the tracks in a couple of days when my internet at home is hooked up bro
                            No prob. Whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                              I guess it'll look somewhat like this? Can't wait to see it. Welcome back!! I am a total metalhead and work in a cubicle all day. Been doing that for the past 11 years as well.
                              Thanks emperor black, that is a very cool pic. Can't wait to see that in a double Rhoads!

Comment

the new axe sounds killer, Randy. Can't wait to see it. I've seen trans white over wood grain before (alder, ash, etc) but not much over quilt. Should be bitchin' with the black binding.
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X