Is this a real USA ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a real USA ??

In this picture, does the "Made In USA" after the Jackson logo look a bit off to anyone ? Unfortunately, not the greatest quality pic....

To me it seems that the letters are a bit thicker than on any of my USA guitars, and they word "made" is ever so slightly out of alignment with "USA".

I'm wondering if someone added/forged the Made In Usa script onto a Japanese model.

Any thoughts??:think:

Serial number and/or additional pictures of the guitar (front and back) will help people determine whether it is a USA model or not.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Unfortunately, no other pictures nor a serial # is available. It's a bolt on neck, so no serial number in the fretboard and the no original neckplate either to help unfortunately.

Comment

Well, it looks to be legit to my untrained eye, but the cap seems to be de-laminating from the headstock up near the tip there.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by 37fiat View Post
          Unfortunately, no other pictures nor a serial # is available.
          "The world may never know"

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Why does that one letter bother you?
            With out a complete pic its hard to say.No neck plate well that sucks too. 100 bucks no higher
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Why does that one letter bother you?
              With out a complete pic its hard to say.No neck plate well that sucks too. 100 bucks no higher
              Well, it's not just any one letter, but I'm probably just overthinking it and being paranoid!
              Also, waaay more than $100....

Comment

@ Ron
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Thats that fusion USA on ebay, DONT BUY IT. That seller is a douche bag, and sells total junk. jacksonrr1usa is his user name, but somehow he managed to get the justified negative feedback I left him removed, so Im calling ebay today to do something about it. If you already bought it, then beware, look over the stuff really good when you get it.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    Thats that fusion USA on ebay, DONT BUY IT. That seller is a douche bag, and sells total junk. jacksonrr1usa is his user name, but somehow he managed to get the justified negative feedback I left him removed, so Im calling ebay today to do something about it. If you already bought it, then beware, look over the stuff really good when you get it.
                    FUCK!!! I knew I shoulda waited a bit longer til I put in a bid!!
                    Rob, what issues did you have with him ?

Comment

Withdraw your bid..
                      I'll note three decent in focus pics of the neck were the point is not shown/cut off??
                      Here's a quote from the auction & then look at the pic??
                      BEWARE my Friend..

"The body is actually in pretty good shape with only one dent/crack on the top wing"

Pretty Good Shape?? Compared To What??

Comment

I bought a Fusion HH body and neck off of him. I get it and theres a 4" crack in the back of the neck. It was there for a LONG time because there was dirt built up in it. The body, much like the body pictured above, was sanded down, had some half assed drilled out single coil routs and was basically firewood. He didnt answer my problems for 2 weeks, I had to file a claim and finally he magically appeared.

Hes an idiot too, because he refunded me my original money before I sent the guitar back to him. Like an idiot, I returned the guitar to him on my own dime and never heard from him again. He refused to pay return shipping for something that was blatently his fault. I shoulda just kept the guitar until he decided to pay but Im not a theif and wouldnt want to keep something I didnt pay for.

If I were you, Id tell him to relist it, and move on man. I wouldnt trust any of his just as far as I could throw him.
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I see you put in a bid and not BIN... I would just message him telling him that you heard about his reputation as a seller, and thus would like him to cancel your bid. As a matter of fact, send him the link to this thread if you want, Id be more than happy to discuss the details with him.

Comment

Originally posted by WRC View Post
                            Withdraw your bid..
                            I'll note three decent in focus pics of the neck were the point is not shown/cut off??
                            Here's a quote from the auction & then look at the pic??
                            BEWARE my Friend..

"The body is actually in pretty good shape with only one dent/crack on the top wing"

Pretty Good Shape?? Compared To What??
                            To be honest, the body doesn't concern me at all as I don't need it. I'm guessing his reference to it being in pretty good shape would be for one that's been stripped but isn't requiring major surgery.
                            I see your point regarding the quality of some pictures versus others. I've had many cameras that were 3mp and less that produced very good results, so his lousy pictures may be his way of hiding any problems with the parts. Besides being there in person, lots of clear pictures is the only way to go when selling or buying anything these days......

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                              I see you put in a bid and not BIN... I would just message him telling him that you heard about his reputation as a seller, and thus would like him to cancel your bid. As a matter of fact, send him the link to this thread if you want, Id be more than happy to discuss the details with him.
                              I'm going to ask him for much better, clearer pictures of any concerns I have, and if he doesn't respond, I'll try to cancel my bid. There seems to be a provision for that under ebay rules when the seller doesn't respond to buyer emails.

Comment

Working...
                              X