NGD - Blood Splatter Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Blood Splatter Warrior

Well here it is! I have been trying for the better part of a year to get my hands on a USA Warrior. The timing was always off or the deal was just not right at the time. I was reluctant of the natural neck but that changed about 10 minutes into the first jam session. Now I am kicking myself in the ass for passing on other natural necks over the years.

The playability is just amazing! I had tried a cheap bolt on Warrior a year ago and it warranted me to try and find a USA version. Long story short there is no comparison but nor should there be.

At this point I am having a hard time reaching for any other of my axes right now. Simply put........... the WR1's rule!

Warrior's 002.jpgWarrior's 009.jpgWarrior's 012.jpgWarrior's 004.jpg

That looks killer. The oiled neck ones are the ones to get.

Comment

Is that an Invader/Full Shred combo?
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
        Is that an Invader/Full Shred combo?
        Yes it is and they smoke in my ENGL!

Comment

Nice man - that's a sweet ass guitar. Curious to try the Invader in one of my soloists. I want that thicker and darker sound compared to the JB which I'm kind of growing tired off - would you say it achieves that?

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
            Nice man - that's a sweet ass guitar. Curious to try the Invader in one of my soloists. I want that thicker and darker sound compared to the JB which I'm kind of growing tired off - would you say it achieves that?
            You know bro I hear alot of people bash the Invader but I have to say I love it. Ultimately it comes down to what style you play and what guitar it goes in. If it's heavy metal and calls for a big nasty "thumpty, thump" ala Mr. John Schaffer, then the Invader is the best pickup without going active. It rings out crystal clear highs and deep lows. Every tuning I throw at the Invader it never fails! I had a JB in a Marty Friedman KE-1 and I replaced it with an Invader and never did it sound any better, plus it was white and looked killer! Don't get me wrong the JB sounds awesome in it's own right but for the nasty-nasty, the Invader does it better for me.

As for EMG's..... they have a very limited place for me. I like the more organic natural feel of the passives. I have a Custom Seymour Duncan, Scott Ian -
            "El Diablo" that is hot as hell and is a fav as well. Great for rhythm and lead. Worth the effort to get ahold of and try too.

Comment

I also want to add that the Invader needs a little more volume to open up and seperate a bit otherwise it stays somewhat "muddy" as described by some. Some pickups do real well at very low volumes but the Invader and most of the aggressive pickups come on so much better with a little juice.
              LOL.... don't we all!

Comment

Originally posted by tonesfoyobones View Post
                You know bro I hear alot of people bash the Invader but I have to say I love it. Ultimately it comes down to what style you play and what guitar it goes in. If it's heavy metal and calls for a big nasty "thumpty, thump" ala Mr. John Schaffer, then the Invader is the best pickup without going active. It rings out crystal clear highs and deep lows. Every tuning I throw at the Invader it never fails! I had a JB in a Marty Friedman KE-1 and I replaced it with an Invader and never did it sound any better, plus it was white and looked killer! Don't get me wrong the JB sounds awesome in it's own right but for the nasty-nasty, the Invader does it better for me.

As for EMG's..... they have a very limited place for me. I like the more organic natural feel of the passives. I have a Custom Seymour Duncan, Scott Ian -
                "El Diablo" that is hot as hell and is a fav as well. Great for rhythm and lead. Worth the effort to get ahold of and try too.
                Cool thanks for that man. Makes me want to definitely try them.

Comment

Jon Schaffer is my hero, and I'm quite fond of my Invaders. I also like JBs. Just depends on the guitar. Invader definitely has more low end grunt, whereas the JB has more mid range fat and treble bite. Just depends on what your particular guitar needs accented, or compensated.

Sorry to derail, gorgeous guitar! Lets see/hear some clips of that beast with the ENGL!!!
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Yeah bro Jon Schaffer is "THE MAN"! Getting side tracked with him is always warranted and understood. I will get some clips together and throw them up for battering around.

Comment

Ah, some of tried to get a limited run of these going a while ago. The run was destined to have a JB in the bridge and a painted neck. I have Invaders in both my WR1 and Warrior Pro. Congrats on your purchase.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Great score!! I've always wanted a blood splatter WR1. That looks bad ass & I'm sure it plays great. Congrats!!

Comment

Nice score

Invaders are my favorite affordable passives. Next being aftermath and warpig bkp.

I have a 7 string invader in my agile. Talk about a growl.

Comment

Congrats on one badass Warrior
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                              Lets see/hear some clips of that beast with the ENGL!!!
                              +1
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X