San Dimas Crossed Swords Strat 1450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Crossed Swords Strat 1450

This baby was up for grabs at least twice this year that I am aware of. I missed her the first time around and bagged her the second. I just picked it up out of the shop today. There were a few glitches to be ironed out as usual, but this guitar is playing great and kicking ass now. The condition is pretty spectacular as you can see. The board and neck got Tru Oiled nicely. I couldn't really find any history on it on the JCF prior to bidding. The S/N is San Dimas (1450), and it has matching work order numbers and documentation in the form of an old printed email thread with Jackson. The OFR is a factory "customer provided" trem with old-school screw-in arm, and the graphic is original. The graphic looks really killer, and is slightly different from the new Dimartini models. It is a full-size strat. The pup is a Duncan standard-spaced Full Shred (it may have been replaced). Everything else looks to be original.

Wow!!!! Awesome score, congrats!~

Again Wow, I want it
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Damn that is amazing!!!

Comment

Wow! Adding an 80's OFR was a great idea on the original buyer's part. Gotta love the Maple FB...

Comment

Killer! Thats in really nice shape.

Comment

Nice one! Congrats.

Comment

That kicks ass!
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I wonder if this is the same Jackson that was on GC's web site 2 or 3 years ago? I think it was in Dallas if I remember correctly.
                John 3:16

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
                  I wonder if this is the same Jackson that was on GC's web site 2 or 3 years ago? I think it was in Dallas if I remember correctly.
                  Not sure, I didn't see that. It was sold by a seller in North Dakota in August 2011 and then again by a seller in Tennessee in September. It may have been a "journeyman" guitar for the past couple of years.

Comment

That is a stunner!!!..did all the floyds in the 80's rear mount or was the front mount available also? (please don't let s'maker see that!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                      That is a stunner!!!..did all the floyds in the 80's rear mount or was the front mount available also? (please don't let s'maker see that!!)
                      Never say never with Jackson, but all the SD bolties I've seen had bottom-drilled nuts.

As far as features go, there are only three things going on here that I've never seen on my early Ontarios:

- Imperial 3/16" hex adjustment on the Floyd posts. This really surprised me. Are these some sort of Kahler post that they threw on there? Or, was Jackson already experimenting with making them at this time? The JT6 posts that came later had either metric or slot adjustments. The spacing and placement is correct for an OFR.
                      - TM headstock
                      - Non-recessed trem cover. Oddly, the electronics cover is recessed. :think:

Comment

That guitar would force me to order a trem spaced RTM pickup from Seymour Duncan. Nice score.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sweet! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            That guitar would force me to order a trem spaced RTM pickup from Seymour Duncan. Nice score.
                            Great minds think alike, yeah I ordered one about a month ago for this guitar. I was hoping I'd have it in time to have my tech install it, but it was not meant to be. Those have that braided pickup wire too, which is a PITA to work with (at least for me).

Comment

That is awesome. I don't know what else to say. Just awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X