Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did knobs from 1988 Ontario custom shop come from same manufacturer as San Dimas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did knobs from 1988 Ontario custom shop come from same manufacturer as San Dimas?

I've been looking for a replacement knob for a custom shop soloist manufactured in 1988. Recently I found this item on eBay which is described as a "Jackson Charvel 80's San Dimas Volume Knob":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

It sure looks like the other two knobs on my guitar, with the brass insert and set screw, and I later confirmed that Jackson started using these knobs in 1985...

So, my multiple part question is: were they still using this exact same knob on their 1988 soloists, and if so, what is a fair price to offer the seller for this used one? Alternatively, does anyone know a different source where I might find an exact replacement for this knob?

TIA

Dude... It's just a knob.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
      This.
      My Gear:
      Jackson KV2 Absinthe Frost
      Jackson DXMG Black
      Fender American Std. Strat Olympic White

Comment

My answers:
        1. The knobs on my 1998 Soloist look exactly like that as well, so yeah, I'd say if they looked like that in 1985 and in 1998, logically they looked like that in 1985 too.
        2. I'd offer him $5.00 shipped. If he doesn't like that offer, move on. These style knobs are everywhere.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Well, duh - I know that, and already have a similar replacement knob. However, I'm afraid I suffer from severe mental disorders (bipolar and OCD) which compel me to correct spatial disorders and imbalances in the universe. I'm the kind of guy that gets irritated when people don't park parallel to the lines and have been known, on occasion, to adjust picture frames in Doctor's offices and other people's homes when they aren't looking! ;-)

So this knob thing has been bugging me for years, and why I went to all the trouble to post here in the first place. I'd rather see if I could get an original replacement first before replacing the other two with the cheaper plastic push-ons they use now.

Comment

Believe me, i know what that's like... But let it go dude - life's too short for picture frame straightening!

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
              These style knobs are everywhere.
              That's what I wanted to know, thanks! $30 sounded WAY too high to me too, even before doing some serious looking...

Comment

...let it go dude - life's too short for picture frame straightening!
                Yes, logically and rationally I know you are 100% correct, but my pills don't seem to be working right now! 8-)

On the plus side, when I get like this, the music and creativity explodes from my brain and I can shred that Soloist like a beast, so I'd say it's fair price to pay, as far as the double-edged sword goes... peace!

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn 88 View Post
                  I suffer from severe mental disorders (bipolar and OCD) which compel me to correct spatial disorders and imbalances in the universe. I'm the kind of guy that gets irritated when people don't park parallel to the lines and have been known, on occasion, to adjust picture frames in Doctor's offices and other people's homes when they aren't looking! ;-)
                  Do you also hate it when folks write "it's" when they mean "its" ?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What a knob!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Do you also hate it when folks write "it's" when they mean "its" ?
                      Oh sure, but not as much as when I make silly grammatical errors or typos betraying my true genius, such as writing "doctor's" and "people's" instead of the correct plural possessive "doctors'" and "peoples'" and leaving out an entire word in "...it's a fair price to pay..."

Comment

If your OCD is that bad on this one, just replace them all. You don't have to use those cheap push on ones either. Like I said, they are everywhere.
                        I have used these ones myself. They are good quality and you can't beat the price ($6 + shi[pping for a set of 2.)

http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/pro...roducts_id=232
                        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

$30 for a knob! Insane.

I'll sell you one that was made by Mike Shannon AND Tim Wilson for $20. Pablo Santana was there but only watched as the other two made it.

Comment

Dude... you're just a knob.
                            Indeed.
                            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by RD

Comment

Working...
                              X