Early strats in the build log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early strats in the build log

I was browsing through the early J serial number build logs, and found something I wasn't aware of. There were a whole bunch of "Strats" and "D Strats" (presumably Dinky strats) built with J serial numbers starting in 1983.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...s_1983_1985%2F

I've never seen a J serial number on a bolty Jackson before. Anybody know what these are? I have seen a neck-thru Strat before, but it was an odd one-off.

I believe these are early soloists, the ones labelled strat being full strat size, and the ones labelled d-strat are esentially soloist prototypes

Full size neck thru strats are rare, but they were made, Amir Derakh has one on his website http://www.amirderakh.com/collection...n-american.php

All of these in the serial number logs are neck thru
    Last edited by ralph; 08-15-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Interesting, I saw 'C' strat in there too. Could that be the neck shape?
      Jeff Becks pink 3 tite, was it NT or bolt on?
      Where is J0001, the white roundhorn for Kenny Downing?
      Does Gene Simmons still have J0007, the Axe Bass, and was it the first Axe bass?
      I could go on and on like an ADHD kid in a toy store/candy shop with questions. I kinda wish they had took pics of each one completed, would have made an awesome reference.
      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Interesting, so I guess the neck-thru Strats were more common than I realized. So the early Dinkies were neck-thru as well...how confusing is that??

Comment

Axe, you seem to be the D-Strat guy, would the 3DR be considered a D-Strat as its cut aways are more "Strat" in length than Dinky? I always found it odd that they were somewhere in between. Or is there more to it than just the cut aways?
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

J0001 rob witte owns. He has a pic on jgp. But it's not a round horn.

http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/f...ighlight=j0001

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Axe, you seem to be the D-Strat guy, would the 3DR be considered a D-Strat as its cut aways are more "Strat" in length than Dinky? I always found it odd that they were somewhere in between. Or is there more to it than just the cut aways?
              The 3DR and Predator are basically the Dinky body shape as far as I know.

Comment

I think Chris (yogadork) also had an early neckthru strat.

Comment

BroFF had that green reversed headstock neckthru full strat body.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I remember that one - matching headstock, Jackson logo'd, IIRC - but thought it was a bolt-on? :think: ...Or maybe I'm confusing it with another guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      BroFF had that green reversed headstock neckthru full strat body.
                      wasnt that a strat headstock too?
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                        wasnt that a strat headstock too?
                        Yes, that was a reverse strat head neck thru full size strat body. Probably the rarest strat head variant Jackson has ever made.

btw, sorry for the late reply. lmao
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

my Aldrich was a bolt on J
                          Haters gonna hate
                          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X