Made in USA Dinkys with maple fretboard and sharkfin inlays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in USA Dinkys with maple fretboard and sharkfin inlays

Hi. I recently bought a wonderfull 1994 Jackson Dinky with bird eyes maple fretboard and black (ebony?) shark fin inlays. Someone knows if there are many like this? During what period they were made? Any information please? If you have one please let me know and post a pic. How can I post a pic of my guitar here?

what's the serial number on it?
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Use photobucket to save pics and then post them here.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I used to own this one:

I found it to be dark and muffled-sounding, even acoustically.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have always wanted to own one of those, but not with that graphic. I could never get into that graphic.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Puff the magic dragon?

Comment

Always loved the look of that neck. I like it much more with the darker figured maple than with the plain light maple like on a DK2M.

Comment

Me too. I need me one of those necks! I always loved the way strats with that dark warn maple neck. Didn't even know jackson had made any.

And that mario lookin dragon graphic is pretty sweet actually. Looks 3d almost.
                I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Well, sorry but I don't know how to use the photobucket so I can't post a pic, but my guitar is like this one but the body doesn't have the dragon. The body is all black, and the humbucker is a Bill Lawrence.
                  I was looking on internet and it seems there are very few of these guitars. All I found were made between 1991 and 1994. Mine sounds great plugged and unplugged. The Bill Lawrence is great. The only problems are the Jackson single coils, on my opinion. I will put her a pair of Dimarzio HS3 or something similar. For a maple fretboard guitar it is dark, but I like this on Jackson guitars. My luthier says that bird eyes maple is always darker than normal maple or flame maple. I have other Jacksons strat (a 1998 SL1 and a 1986 soloist Custom) and I can say that the SL1 is darker than this one.

Comment

This neck looks awesome.I always prefer dark maple necks instead of the bright ones.
                    The black binding and sharkfin inlays makes it perfect.
                    Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

First time I've seen one of those. That is pretty damn sweet

Comment

Your info is correct, they were available in the mid 90's when Jackson was making the Dinky with the Lawrence pickups. Here's one I have in Holoflake:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

That holoflake is awesome. Needs pickups with more bling factor though hehe.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Holoflake has been on my wish list for years. Never seen one with a maple board. Very cool.

Comment

What year is this Holoflake? It looks great!

Comment

Working...
                              X