Ke2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ke2...

Hey Kelly owners, I'm thinking about getting another KE2. I have a Trans Red KE2 which I love. Thinking about a solid color this time. For those of you who have one of each (flame-top and regular alder KE2), can you tell a big difference in tone between the two? Just curious. Thanks!

Mark

Since Jackson just uses veneer tops on the trans finish USA Select models, I would not expect to hear a large difference in tone between the two. I have different pickups in my RR1 (solid) and RR1T (trans) so I can't say for sure 100% but even with the different pickups the guitars don't sound radically different other than the pickup character differences. Aucoustically it's pretty much a wash too, even though one has a floyd and one is string through body TOM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

FWIW, I have a KV2 in black and transblack and I do notice a slight difference in the tone of each. The black is brighter and tighter than the transblack. I don't know that I would chalk that up to the top though. There is a difference to my ears however. Still both sound awesome.

Comment

I was asking myself the same question. I just bought a Black KE2 (which I won't be able to play for a while) and wondered if it would sound any different from my trans KE2.

Comment

I've had many kellys(ke1's, ke2's, custom). All of them sounded different, at least slightly.... regardless of the top/finnish. There are so many nuances that go into the overall sound though, from the pup's windings through the actual piece of wood used(one piece of alder can have different characteristics than others, possibly due to density/porosity).

All of that being said, Kellys rule... I've yet to meet one that I don't like!

Cheers
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
          X