Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axewielder's mythical Dinky/Strat

after looking at axe's awsome red flame top and his quote
    The body is totally authentic, but is odd in that it is scaled down a bit from the full-size strat body. It's shaved down like a Dinky, but has rounded Strat horns. I've read about a mythical "Dinky Strat" in a few old JCF threads, but can't come to a definitive conclusion on this.
    last night i was looking at my number one sitting next to my SL2H and noticed AFTER OWNING IT FOR 5 YEARS,(defininitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer)that it really had no horns so to speak ...so today i'm looking at the red flametop strat again and was damn that looks like it

just found a pix of the warranty card that came with my white with factory painted neck ~dinky/strat~ (card is long gone while i was ~away~) and sure as shit it says dinky strat
    waarcard.jpg

front1.jpg

so much for the myth .... thanks axeweilder for getting me going on this hunt !

len
    Last edited by len; 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM.
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Wow crazy, yeah we may have another sighting! I posted dimensions of mine in that old thread, we should compare notes. Cool guit btw.

Comment

So this looks to be another one. In fact, this is the only other Ontario-plated strat that I've seen, and they are both "Dinky Strats". Is it possible they changed all the strat bodies to this shape at this time? (circa 1989 - 1992 I'm guessing). Hopefully some JCF'ers can chime in here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

On a side note, that JT6 doesn't look right on there and that scalloping looks like ASS.

Comment

See, fucking told ya'll that shit was real.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

We had a huge discussion about this myth on the old Charvel Central web site years ago and never came to any conclusions.
          Glad to actually see one.Rob W. was the only guy that had info on these that I knew of.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X