Red Flamey Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Flamey Strat

Here's a project I recently finished. This guitar was originally sold through JC's Guitars (where I admired it for years), and then fell into my evil hands (mwaahahaha) after putting a deal together with Jacksonluvr. This is one sweet fiddle. It is a two-piece solid maple body which is boat-anchor heavy, and it has that non-recessed hybrid recess under the JT590. I spent some time detailing it and rewiring it. I left the non-original SSL-5 in the neck, added a Custom Custom in the bridge with a Budman pup ring, and replaced the 3-way switch. The rosewood board is really dark and badass looking. The headstock is delaminating pretty bad, but I'm going to leave it as-is for now.

Last edited by Axewielder; 06-08-2011, 08:16 PM.

The body is totally authentic, but is odd in that it is scaled down a bit from the full-size strat body. It's shaved down like a Dinky, but has rounded Strat horns. I've read about a mythical "Dinky Strat" in a few old JCF threads, but can't come to a definitive conclusion on this.

Comment

Looks real nice, you know how to pick them. Is that some kind of strap lock on the guitar strap? What is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
        Looks real nice, you know how to pick them. Is that some kind of strap lock on the guitar strap? What is that?
        Thanks, that is one of those Planet Waves Lock Straps. They are a bit tight to get over those big honkin' J/C strap buttons but they work. I prefer Schaller Strap Locks but these are OK.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Planet-W...32-i1435809.gc

Comment

Love solid maple bodies.... looks great.

Comment

I like it!!!!!! damn nice guitar there Axe.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

That is sweet. Looks fantastic and I love the H S configuration.

Comment

Another nice score there Axe...love the H/S on that one too.

Comment

Nice, I love maple! The CC should sound awesome in that guitar!

Comment

That is an interesting body shape/size and I don't recall seeing one like it. I can only think that they went with a smaller body shape due to the weight of the maple (which looks awesome BTW). Again, nice job.

Comment

nice strat/dinky i like that ALOT.

Comment

very cool. The body reminds me a bit of a 375.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                          nice strat/dinky i like that ALOT.
                          Can we call it a Stinky?

That is a freaking killer guitar. A maple board on that would look incredible.
                          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                            That is a freaking killer guitar. A maple board on that would look incredible.
                            A maple board and direct mount humbucker, it would be my perfect guitar.

Comment

I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X