Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange rates affecting guitar prices

hey guys,

im from australia and am wondering with the aussie dollar currently $1.10 on the US dollar would this make any different to lower prices for australia customers, or do all countries have set prices of their own?

cheers, LKG

i dont know man probably not here in the u.k its shit anyway even if u try and save by buying from abroad our government slam 20% on top which is called vallue added tax or VAT a load of bollox i call it

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
      i dont know man probably not here in the u.k its shit anyway even if u try and save by buying from abroad our government slam 20% on top which is called vallue added tax or VAT a load of bollox i call it
      I guess that's the price you pay if you want a nice socialized medicine system.
      2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
      Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

It's the Royals and their bullshit entitlements. You know how much money the U.K. could save by bulldozing the Palace and kicking the Queen and her morons aside? Billions.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

China used to have a 30% duty tax on imports (I think it may be higher now). I used to sell USA-made PCB assembly machines to them (robotics). They always wanted the best manufacturing equipment, but wanted you to fudge the invoice to avoid the duty. Never did it, but I know people who did. I don't think I should say anymore, but it depends on who you do biz with.

There are some good points to being protectionist (duty taxes). It forces your country to make it's own stuff. Not that the US has given up on manufacturing and become a helpless service-based country. We still make great guitars!
          Last edited by Soloist-USA; 05-05-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
            Originally posted by Newc View Post
            It's the Royals and their bullshit entitlements. You know how much money the U.K. could save by bulldozing the Palace and kicking the Queen and her morons aside? Billions.
            True and true. If I could claim all that tax back, I'd have enough to buy another USA Jackson.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That's a shame. It's not funny. It sucks, but that's what the US should do as well. We are no longer self-sufficient (big news there). We have to import everything. Watch-out for China. Yet we still have luthiers. This country was built (in small part) on a wood-working tradition. Go to Nazareth, PA and watch the Martin cats at work. Artistry since 1833. Makes you proud.

Comment

Working...
              X