U1441x ke2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U1441x ke2

Any idea what year this may be? it's a (errie dess think it's called) ke2.

thanx

also, is there a thread/discussion on here somewhere talking about the fender/pre-fender usa stuff.. :think:
    Last edited by livewire; 04-04-2011, 01:59 AM. Reason: who?

was this a dumb question or?

Comment

It's the last number of the serial. We can't tell anything about it because that number holds the key.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

RacerX (AKA Assclown) will help you date it

The Pre- vs Post debate has been done to death. There is no difference between the USA Select series before or after Fender bought Jackson.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          RacerX (AKA Assclown) will help you date it
          Will he bring flowers for the first date?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not true. The pre-Fender stuff was less consistent in build quality.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a USA soloist that is serial number U14804, and it is a 2004.

So yours is probably a 2004, but it could be a 2003. I'm not sure where the cutoff was for those years.

Comment

u14418

Comment

In pre-Fender days, a noble, fair time, Jacksons were built by knights of uncommon valour and virtue.
                  They quested all over the land for the saycrede tymbers of Avalon and mixed the paint with the blood of usurpers and devils.
                  Since then, they're built by Mexican Orks who fall asleep and forget to put frets in or something.
                  That's why pre Fender guitars are worth a bajillion percent more.
                  All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by livewire View Post
                    was this a dumb question or?
                    No, not at all.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    It's the last number of the serial. We can't tell anything about it because that number holds the key.
                    This is

Originally posted by livewire View Post
                    u14418
                    I am not 100% sure, but I think you can use this approximation for determining the year:

The last update on the Jacksonguitars website is U08970 and is from 2001.
                    Add circa 1500 for each subsequent year.
                    U14418 would be approx. 2004 if you do the above math.
                    Last edited by jackson1; 04-14-2011, 03:11 AM. Reason: Corrected what Joe pointed out about "U0xxxxx"
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                      When the number passes 9999 the "O" in UO (O as in Oklahoma) disappears.
                      U14418 would be approx. 2004 if you do the above math.
                      It's supposed to be U0 (zero) not UO.

Comment

I've been tracking USA select serial numbers. Yours was completed around August/September 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          It's supposed to be U0 (zero) not UO.
                          Damn, I couldn't remember and trusted the Jackson web site and didn't bother confirming it. They should correct it. Thanks!
                          Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                            I've been tracking USA select serial numbers.
                            Aha! Another JCF closet serial tracker
                            Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                              Damn, I couldn't remember and trusted the Jackson web site and didn't bother confirming it. They should correct it. Thanks!
                              No prob. Jackson always loves to have wrong info on their website!

Comment

Working...
                              X